Chapter Sixty Five

I'm still going to apologise for not updating on time. I'm so sorry, please.

I published this chappy last week or more than a week and I had no idea how it got stucked.
People have been complaining about the same thing, So I guess the blame should go to me and Wattpad.

You might want to brush through the previous chappy...🙊🙈

Enjoy...

Safaa felt a hand grip her shoulders, the hold did not scare her at first but when the person who held her began pulling her backwards forcefully she became alarmed, her heartbeat began palpitating and beads of sweat slowly began falling off from her forehead. The room was so dark and she could hardly recognise whom the person was, but when they ended up in the balcony of her bedroom, she fully saw the face of the one attacking her with the aid of the brightness of the full moon.

"How..." Safaa moved back trying to get away.

"Don't move an inch or else am dropping your child" Hajiya Turai moved very close to the edge of the balcony with Safaa's bundle of joy in her arms.

Safaa had no idea how she got hold of Yusrah, she let out a sharp breath before going down on her knees to beg her.

"Please, Don't hurt her, she's innocent, she has nothing to do with the fight between us"

"Safara'u! Do you think you've won? You think I, Hajiya Turai will ever accept defeat? You're wrong"

"Mama, I'd do anything, I will tell Yaya Ahmad to get you away from that centre, I will leave him, just don't hurt my child, don't please" Safaa sobbed begging Hajiya Turai profusely.

"No that's not enough, You have no idea how painful it is to lose a child do you? You made all my children despise me, How dare you!"

"I didn't Mama, Just push me down the balcony if you want but please let my child be, she's just some months old" Safaa whimpered.

"No I want to watch you in pain, I hate you that much" Hajiya Turai grinned evilly.

She walked closer to the rail of the balcony and placed a sleeping Yusrah on it, supporting the baby with one of her hand.

"Ya Allah, No please" Safaa croaked.

"Am mad aren't I? They took me to a rehabilitation centre and you think I won't get back to you, now we'll see who will become mad, I bet you're going to go gaga after seeing this" Hajiya Turai let out an evil laugh.

"For the sake of Allah Mama, Do whatever you want to me, but please let her be, she's just a baby"

"Just shut up, I hate people who talk too much, I have an idea, maybe it'd help you safe your child"

"What is that?" Safaa sniffed.

"I will drop your child down the balcony after counting up to twenty, you can be able to catch her if only you reach downstairs before I finish up my counting"

"What? But I can't reach there within that minutes, my balcony is at the backside of the compound of this house"

"I don't care, I'm going to start counting now, 1..." Hajiya Turai began and Safaa stared at her baby one last time before rushing out of the balcony.

She began shouting for help as soon as she came out of her room, but the house was unusually quiet, she checked her father's study thinking they were inside but there was no one to help her so she began speeding down the staircase, too agitated to realise she had missed a step and she rolled down the whole stairs, hurting her ankle in the process. She managed to reach the living room, the pain exuding from her ankle making her steps slow.