Thirty

Madam Pomfrey looked at Amelia. She smiled. "Come along dearie. We can find out for you," she said.

"Could we not tell anyone? If I am, I don't want to keep it," Amelia mumbled. She looked at her. "Please. Don't tell anyone."

Madam Pomfrey sighed but nodded. She looked at Amelia. "I won't say a thing dear. But you will need someone here for you," she said.

***
Professor McGonagall walked into the hospital wing. She was shocked when Madam Pomfrey asked for her. She saw Amelia Malfoy sitting on a bed.

"What's going on?"

"Miss Malfoy here is with child. She wants to end the pregnancy. She needs someone here. She suggested you," she said.

McGonagall looked at Amelia. She could see the young Slytherin had changed. She took her hand. "We will go through this together."

"Thank you ma'am."

***
Draco couldn't find Amelia anywhere. He found Maisie instead. "Have you seen Amelia?" He asked. 

"No. Not since lunch time. Is everything okay?"

Draco shrugged. "I don't know. Mother isn't responding to my letters. I'm worried," he said.

Maisie sighed. "I'm sure everything is fine. Cissy is probably keeping herself busy. She's in hiding isn't she?"

***
Amelia left the hospital wing with McGonagall. They bumped into Snape. "What is going on?" He asked.

McGonagall smiled. "Severus, I have escorted Miss Malfoy with an issue in the hospital wing. However it is to be kept confidential," she replied.

Snape nodded. "I can escort Miss Malfoy back to the common room," he said.

***
Snape and Amelia were walking back to the common room. Amelia looked at Snape. "You don't have to take me back. Pretty sure I can walk back on my own."

"Yes. But there is still the threat of Miss Parkinson and her blackmail," Snape said. 

Amelia rolled her eyes. "I can handle her."

***

A few days later, Amelia was feeling sick. She knew it was a side effect of getting rid of the baby. Maisie smiled at her. "You doing okay?" She asked.

Amelia nodded and sighed. "I miss my mother. I don't know what I'm going to do when it comes to the summer."

"You'll figure something out."

"I bloody hope so."

***
Amelia sat under a tree. She looked out at the lake and smiled. She thought Hogwarts was beautiful. Maisie sat down next to her. "Come on. We're needed in a class."

Amelia rolled her eyes. "It's just defence against the dark arts and I'm pretty sure I'd rather sit here than sit in a lesson run by toad face," she mumbled.

Maisie grinned. "Yeah. Me too."

***
The girls had decided to walk back to the castle. But suddenly, they heard a scream. The two of them turned to see death eaters attaching. Amelia was shaking. She knew almost all of them there. "G-Get help!"

Maisie sent off her Patronous. She saw Amelia. "Come on."

"T-They shouldn't be able to get through the protective spells here," Amelia said.

Suddenly, they heard a cackle. Amelia turned to see Bellatrix. She saw her wand raised and a spell came out of her mouth. "Avada Kedarva!"

The spell was heading towards Maisie. Amelia shoved her best friend out of the way. Just as the spell hit...