Chapter 11 - Flights & Feelings.

Ashley

It had been about three weeks since things between Robin and I intensified, and it was also the best few weeks of my life. She was so sweet, and thoughtful. At first glance I would have never imagined she was capable of being as loving and caring as she was.

We still took things slow—well what we considered to be slow. She slept over a few times a week, mostly because we'd both been so busy during the day. Ellie had us both getting ready for another big photo shoot which was scheduled to be done in Las Vegas. I had never even been to Vegas and now this job has given me the opportunity to travel to one of the most exciting places on the map.

Robin would surprise me with lunch dates, or roses—simple things to show that she cared, and that I still had her full attention. I loved it. It really helped putting my mind at ease, considering what I went through just a few months ago with her brother.

My fingers tapped against the keys of the apple pc, booking Ellie's last appointment for the day. Now I just needed to confirm the dates because with my boss, nothing was ever sure.

Today, I wore a black pencil shirt that rested midway on my thighs and a pink blouse. I had gotten quite a few compliments this morning at my local coffee shop, so I'd like to believe the "hot teacher" look was pulled off.

Suddenly laughter was heard from the hallway. Curiosity had gotten the better of me, causing me to tip toe over to the door of my office and peep out into the hallway. Robin, dressed in black jeans that hung low on her hips and a plain white t-shirt was leaning over, her face practically an inch away from Ellie's. Her arms were on either side of my boss' cheek and the two were giggling like school girls. Ellie's hand was tangled in Robin's hair, and that was enough to send me spiraling.

Seeing that, my mind immediately flashed to Ben, lying in bed with that woman. My eyes burned, begging to free the tears I was holding back. I wasn't going to be naïve this time, I wasn't going to ignore the signs.

Back at my desk, I pretended to be typing as the two finally entered the office.

"Hey baby," Robin greeted. "We just got done with the fitting. You wanna grab lunch?"

Without looking away from the screen, I shook my head no. "I've got a lot of work to do." I lied.

Robin frowned, "Ashley, I'm sure Ellie wouldn't mind if you stepped out for a second."

"Of course, she wouldn't." I said, a little too harshly.

Robin raised a brow, running a hand through her loose, dark hair. "What's going on?" She was leaning over my table now, almost face to face.

After realizing I wouldn't give her an answer, Robin sighed. She leaned away, stomping out of my office and down the hall. I released the breath I'd been holding this entire time and placed my face between my palms. Why. would she do this to me? After everything I've been through I decide to give her the benefit of the doubt with this relationship—and now she was cheating with my boss?

My eyes teared up, and I tried my best to hold back. I was probably the biggest joke to them.

The intercom on my desk buzzed, bringing me back to reality.

"Ashley, I need to confirm those dates before the trip." Ellie's voice rang out.

Wiping my cheeks, I re-applied some foundation before printing the current schedule and heading over to her office.

Ellie glanced over the document, correcting dates and times with a pencil while I stood there awkwardly. Trying my best to be indifferent, I nodded slightly at whatever it was she told me—not actually hearing a word she said.