you've got (a) male (in your bed)!

21: you've got (a) male (in your bed)!

"Maya." I slowly came to as my shoulder was gently pushed on and someone whispered my name. "Maya, wake up."

"What?" I asked, my eyes struggling to open against the harsh light that was looming into my room. I tried to push myself up, but I pushed up against something that stopped me. My eyes opened to see an arm draped around me, and as my eyes moved up, I saw Sam. My eyes widened and a burst of energy immediately entered my body. "Oh, hey."

Sam looked at Calum who was sleeping beside me, and then back at me. I bit my lip as I tried to stay quiet, not wanting him to wake up.

"I left you for five hours, where the hell did he come from?" Sam was whispering, but her tone was harsh and sharp, cutting into me as my head pounded. "And why the fuck is he in your bed?" It suddenly hit me that I hadn't told Sam anything about the past day with Calum.

"He, uh—" I stuttered as I looked at Calum, and then over at Sam. I slowly peeled Calum's arm away from me, and he simply readjusted himself on my bed, mumbling quietly in his sleep. I slowly scooted to the foot of my bed and got off, quickly grabbing Sam's hand and leading her out of my room. I quietly shut my door and continued to take Sam downstairs.

"We kissed," I told Sam once we were safely in my kitchen. "Last night."

"You what?" Sam asked, her voice level rising. "Maya! What do you mean you ki—kissed? When? How? What?"

"He had to run by his house, so I went inside with him, and one thing led to another... and we just kinda... kissed." As I generically explained, I searched all over Sam's face to read her expression clearly. "And this morning he texted me saying that he was feeling sick and his parents has the flu," I continued to speak and Sam's expression changed. "So he came over and we... decided to be sick together?"

"Maya, how did you go from being single to being in an icky relationship in less than 24 hours?" I laughed quietly at Sam's question and felt my cheeks begin to burn.

"I'm not in a relationship," I told her quietly, finding myself embarrassed.

"Maya, there is a male sleeping in your bed. Do you know what that means? That's a new milestone in your life, okay? Boys don't just come and go as they please in this household!" I looked at Sam with furrowed eyebrows and wondered why she was talking so strangely. "Don't look at me like that, I'm upset."

"What's there to be upset about?" I asked, mostly wanting to know what she thought was the worst part of this situation.

"Maya, I was all for you flirting with him and running around with him, but you need to be careful, okay? Don't take this thing too quickly, that's never a good idea. I just... I don't want to see you get hurt, because then I'll have to pay someone to legitimately kill Calum Hood, and that takes a lot of money. I only have so much college money saved, okay?" I laughed quietly at Sam's words and sent her an appreciative smile. I loved that she cared so much, but I wish she trusted me to be careful.