Chapter 17

It was the day of the opening ceremony and Jennie was beyond nervous.

Not only was she about to reveal the accomplishment of her 3 months of hard work, but she was also going to be announcing her engagement with Jisoo.

Jennie sat between her mother and father in the car as they are driving to the event.

Her palms were sweaty and she couldn't stop the nervous jitters circulating throughout her body. Mrs. Kim took ahold of her daughter's hands and gave it a gentle reassuring squeeze.

Mrs. Kim: Everything will be fine Jennie, just relax.

Mr. Kim: Listen to your mom Jennie-ah. You've really outdone yourself this time.

At the sound of her parents' encouraging words, Jennie felt a part of relax as she slowly allowed her nerves to calm down.

•••

Meanwhile, Jisoo was just as nervous for the same reasons. Although she hadn't worked as hard as Jennie on this event, she knew how much effort and time the younger had put into it, so Jisoo just wanted everything to go well for the sake of Jennie.

Currently inside her room getting ready, Jisoo couldn't even seem to button her own shirt due to the shaking of her nervous hands.

Suddenly, the door to Jisoo's room opened and Chaeyoung poked her head through.

Chaeyoung: Are you ready unnie?

Jisoo: Almost... Let me just get these stupid buttons to work.

Chaeyoung chuckled to herself as she watched Jisoo struggle to button her shirt.

Chaeyoung: Here, let me help you unnie.

Chaeyoung approached the older girl and finished the task in a matter of seconds.

Jisoo: Thanks Chaeng.

Chaeyoung: No problem unnie.

Chaeyoung watched as Jisoo looked over herself in the mirror, making sure that she was presentable.

Jisoo: Is Lisa still not back from her business trip?

Chaeyoung: No. It'll take at least a few more days before she comes back.

Jisoo: I see. It's too bad, she could've been your plus one for today's event.

Chaeyoung giggled softly.

Chaeyoung: I have you don't I?

Jisoo smirked.

Jisoo: You do make a good point dongsaeng.

Chaeyoung smiled at the older girl's response. She watched as Jisoo continued to examine herself in the mirror and fuss over even the smallest wrinkles in her clothes.

Chaeyoung: You look great unnie, stop worrying so much.

Jisoo: I just want to make sure I look my best Chaeng.

Chaeyoung looked down and shook her head.

Chaeyoung: I'm still not sure about this.

Jisoo turned to face Chaeyoung.

Jisoo: I told you Chaeyoung-ah, I'll be fine.

Chaeyoung nodded before shooting Jisoo a questioning glance.

Chaeyoung: Have you taken your medicine?

Jisoo: Of course.

Chaeyoung smiled.