Chapter 16 - Epilogue

Feyre's P.O.V

"And that's how we ended up saving you from Tamlin," Aelin finished, sipping her hot cocoa.

After running to the forest on the outskirts of town the Spring Court and winnowing back to Velaris, Rhys treated us all to tea at the Starfall Teahouse. Oh, how I missed Velaris. The beautiful architecture, the kind residents, the majestic night sky. I couldn't forget Rhys of course. He smiled at me as I grinned at him, happy to be home.

This new court on the other hand, intrigued me. Aelin Galathynius, Queen of the lands of Terrasen, in the continent of Erilea. The name didn't ring a bell, nor had it been mentioned in any of the books I had read while at Tamlin's mansion.

The Queen was bold, brash, and downright amusing. I felt drawn to their court, warmed by their honesty. I had quite enough of Tamlin's forced flattery in the Spring Court.

I took the time to learn each person from Aelin's Court. It was the least I could do after they helped rescue me. Elide was the shy one, reminding me of myself when I first entered these lands. Dorian was the black haired Prince, smiling at everyone as he took a bite of a biscuit. He seemed charming.

Rowan was cool and calm. He was Aelin's mate. I could've guessed before Aelin told me, considering the way he looked at her. It was sweet.

Aedion was Aelin's cousin. Their familiar features were very noticeable too. Aedion was loud and humorous, much like his cousin.

Lysandra was the one who shifted into Tamlin to help rescue me. I must admit, she was very pretty when she didn't shift. Her powers must be pretty useful.

And Manon? Ah...Manon. Her cold gaze drifted towards me as she continued to make lively small chat with Amren. I shuddered. It was like a cat watching a mouse, ready to pounce. Delightful. Her and Amren would get along well.

I grinned at Aelin, taking a gulp of my green tea. It tasted sweet and decadent.

"Thank you. All of you. For rescuing me. I'm sure Rhys thinks the same."

Rhys looked up at me, nodding.

"I am most grateful to you all, humble slaves of Erilea."

He smirked as Aelin threatened to spill his tea on his crotch. I laughed out loud. It wasn't often I had such guests that could make me laugh.

Suddenly, 3 figures winnowed to our corner, sending a gust of wind through the table and chairs.

"Having fun without me?" Mor pouted.

"Sorry Mor, they've grown sick of you. I don't blame them of course." Cassian retorted, earning an elbow in the side from Mor. Azriel watched the whole thing, his eyes sparkling.

"Cassian, Azriel, Mor!" I yelped, running over to them and hugging them close. In the process, knocking Manon's blood infused chai over, courtesy of Amren. She hissed.

I couldn't care less, as Cassian smugly grinned at Rhys.

"Told you she'd miss us," I elbowed him in the side as he and the others returned the embrace.

"What is it with the ladies and elbowing me?"

Mor took no notice, twirling me around.

"I've missed you so much! When your the only woman in a house full of brutes, you long for company you know?"

Azriel raised his eyebrows. "We're really that bad?" He looked at me and smiled, welcoming me back. I chuckled.

"Sorry Az, no offence." Mor flicked her hair, surveying the two courts having tea.
"Got room for three more?"