*The Satan Pit*

!EDITED!

A/N: was 10924 words, is now 13404! Oh, man... fair warning for several POV changes, but they're in bold as always... enjoy! :D

The Ood were still advancing and Rose was wrapped up in my arms as I watch them with wide eyes, my heart pounding hard in my chest

The Ood were still advancing and Rose was wrapped up in my arms as I watch them with wide eyes, my heart pounding hard in my chest. "Open fire!" Jefferson shouts and he and the female guard continually shoot at the Ood, Rose flinching in my arms.

After a moment, everything becomes silent, the shaking of the base stops and the Ood are dead on the ground. "We're stabilizing, we've got orbit!" Zach calls.

I run over to the computer with Rose's hand gripped tightly in mine and I grab the comm with my free on, "Doctor?" I call, getting nothing but static in reply and tears well in my eyes from fear of what just happened and worry. "Doctor, can you hear me?"

"Doctor?" Rose calls, tightening her hold on my hand. "Ida? Are you there?"

Computer - Open Door 25.

We all turn to the door - me pulling Rose behind me - and relax when we see it's just Danny. "It's me!" he yelps, seeing that Jefferson and the female guard had readied their guns. "But they're coming," he shakes his head, slamming the door shut.

Computer - Close Door 25.

"It's the Ood, they've gone mad," Danny explains shakily.

"How many of them?" Jefferson demands.

"All of them! All fifty!"

I turn back to the comm, holding it in my hand tightly, "Doctor?"

"Danny, out of the way!" Jefferson orders and I glance over to see Danny leaning back against the door with his arms held out at his sides. "Out of the way!" he pushes Danny aside.

"But they're armed!" Danny protests as Jefferson starts to open the door. "It's the interface device! I don't know how, but they're using it as a weapon!"

Computer - Open Door 25.

The second the door's open, an Ood sticks its communication orb to the female guard's forehead. Screaming, she slumps to the floor and I whimper quietly, closing my eyes and feeling Rose wrap her arms around me tightly. "Oh, my God," she whispers shakily.

There's gunfire again and I look over to see that Jefferson had gotten the Ood shot and then the door closed. I tighten my grip on the comm, "Doctor, please answer me!" I plead, Rose nuzzling my shoulder. I knew he wasn't hurt, but him not answering was testing my already fried nerves at this point. "He's fine..." I try to assure Rose. "I just-"

"You're worried," she mutters, squeezing me.

Zach - not the one I wanted replying - calls through the comms, "Jefferson, what's happening there?"