Chapter 62

"You have to tell him."

"I can't- I should never have told you. I won't even be able to get close enough without getting hexed. Just tell me the password, I can find a way into the common room-"

"I don't know it! It changes nightly, I told you that." I sighed, chewing on my bottom lip as Draco ran his hands through his hair in agitation. We had come to the conclusion that I was fine to leave the safety of the boys dorm now, with the dilemma of having no way to do so. I had no polyjuice potion on me, no way of hiding as I roamed the halls. Which left us in our current argument: I wanted Draco to get Neville to fetch it for me.

He was against the idea.

"He knows about me! And hell, your friends know about me- Why can't mine know of you?"

"Because they'll hate me more than they do already?"

"They do not-"

"Yes, they do."

"Maybe a little, but I still need my polyjuice potion. No way I'll be able to get back to the common room entrance without being spotted. And I don't know the pasword. I'd be stuck. You need to find Neville and get the potion from him. Him or Ginny. But Neville's less likely to hex on sight, I promise."

"If I end up losing a hand-"

"You'll be fine. Now please. Please?" I pulled my lips into a faint pout, staring up at him with an expression that I hope came off as cute and pleading. I felt slightly cross-eyed, so I wasn't sure. Draco sighed as he watched me, gently taking my face in his hands. He watched me with a soft expression, lips twisted in uncertainty. Finally he spoke.

"The things I do for you."

"You know you adore me." I said with a faint smile, leaning up and pressing my lips lightly against his. I was pleasantly surprised when, instead of pulling away like he had done before, he pressed closer, a soft sigh leaving his lips as he pulled me closer to him. I smiled giddily, letting my fingers grip the collar of his shirt tightly for the moment.

"Damn right." He muttered against my lips, sending my chest into a flutter. Dumb boy. I was in war, and here I was floating on air. Pulling away, I grinned at him in triumph.

"So go find Neville. I'll wait here." I said, pointedly, pulling myself completely from him and going to sit at the end of his bed. Leaning over, I picked the glass vial of polyjuice potion that sat on his trunk and held it out to him. "Drink up."

"Why can't you drink that and go as me? Find your own damn friends."

"I don't want to get hexed." I said as he took it from me, staring at the liquid with distaste before downing it. I watched as his skin bubbled, darkening like his hair and eyes. He melted away quickly and silently, and then Marcus Thatcher stood before me, a look of distaste on his features.

"It's weird to look at you now like that. Knowing who you actually are." I commented, taking the potion back from him. He smiled lightly, more of a smirk really, and nodded.

"Vice versa, love. C'mere." He said, holding out his hand. Raising an eyebrow I took it, letting him pull me to my feet and close. As Thatcher he was slightly shorter, and it made me smile. He watched me with an expression of mild exasperation.

"If I get hexed, you're paying my medical bills."

I laughed.

"You ass!" I claimed, smacking his arm as he stepped away, grinning slyly. "Go get my potion! If you come without it, I'm taking over your bed. Then you'll never be rid of me."