19. Let the Right One In

To say that Stefan was shocked when Damon and Allison came to the Boarding House was an understatement, he was mortified. Allison came in first completely drenched from the pouring rain. She was breathing heavily, bare foot and still in her pajamas. He was by her side in an instant, wrapping his arms around her small body and pulled her towards him and asked frantically, "Allison, what happened?" She didn't answer, only shook her head. She held a blank expression on her face, but it was clear she had been crying. Seconds later, Damon came bustling through the door. "Damon, what happened?" He demanded with his arm still tightly wrapped around his friend. 

Damon looked to Allison and insisted, "later. C'mon Alliecat." He took her out of his grasp and took her up the stairs and too his room. Stefan paced the floor waiting for Damon to return with an explanation as to why Allison was so upset. Damon probably did something, but then if he had then why was she still with him. Stefan turned when he saw a shadow enter the living room. "You might want to stop pacing. I could hear you wearing the floors from upstairs." Damon said as he went to his scotch and poured himself a glass and took a sip. Stefan folded his arms, "what happened Damon?"

He sighed and turned around to face him, "a vampire tried to kill Allison." Stefan stiffened, "one of the tomb vampires?" He shook his head, "no, he was friends with Allison before he turned." Stefan cocked his head to the side slightly, "Shane?" Damon nodded, "wait, how do you know about Shane?" "When we were trying to get Katherine-" Damon stiffened slightly, "out of the tomb and Allison and I went to get the gasoline, he was there. Stefan explained. "Anyway, where is he?"

"Dead." "You killed him? Why am I even asking? Of course you did." Damon smirked as he took a sip of his scotch, "duh." Stefan rolled his eyes, but then looked above him, "how is she?" Damon paused and he looked slightly upwards too. "Bad. She's asleep now though, so I guess that's a plus." "I think we should tell her that she's adopted." Stefan said.

Damon glared at him, "do you think she's in any condition to be told that she's not related to anyone in her family?" He waited a few seconds for an answer, "exactly." He downed the rest of his drink and slammed his glass on the table and was gone in a flash.

"I say we go down to Pearl's, bust down the door and annihilate the idiot that attacked us last night

"I say we go down to Pearl's, bust down the door and annihilate the idiot that attacked us last night." Damon told them after he finished hammering boards to cover up where the broken window was. Elena and Stefan were standing in the center while Allison was sitting on the sofa in a fresh change of clothes that Elena had brought over when she came. She had tried to talk to Allison about it earlier, but she had claimed she was fine. Elena anticipated that as her answer, but she hoped that she would open up to her.

Stefan rolled his eyes, "yeah? And then what, turn to the rest of the house of vampires and say, 'oops sorry'?" Allison lips quirked up at this. Damon shrugged and sat down, his eyes quickly darting to Allison. She was messing with her shoelaces. She hadn't contributed to the conversation at all since it started. "I can't believe you made a deal with her." Elena snapped.