╟ Chapter 140: Funny Voice ╢

The game was on. You were on the verge of hyperventilating in your corner, fawning yourself to cool down the heat in your face. Why did you always attract the worst people around you? Why every time you visited an island with the crew and got yourself in a dire situation, you always end up being the center of interest of the bad guy?

A mystery you will never solve. The Universe truly hated you. After Doflamingo's face disappeared from the screen, the whole island seemed to be thrown into a different kind of chaos from before. It wasn't just survival anymore, but a fight for freedom too. However, the citizens of Dressrosa were too naive to think the Shichibukai would free them from the Birdcage. Even if they managed to kill the 12 targets and capture you, what's stopping Doflamingo from just shrinking the cage and slicing his 'people' into pieces?

Zoro searched through his pockets for the mini Den-Den Mushi you were given to contact the others. The snail rang a few times, before someone picked up from the other line:

"Zoro?" spoke the breathless voice of Robin.

"Yeah" the swordsman answered.

"Where are you now?"

"I'm with Luffy and the others. We're on, what they call, the King's Plateau. Things are getting messy, aren't they?"

"Is this Robin?!" asked Luffy before snatching the snail from Zoro's hand. "Did you see it?! Mingo's such a jerk, isn't he?! But Usopp's bit was hilarious!"

"WHAT DID YOU SAY, LUFFY?!" came the snarl from the sniper in the background, pissed at your captain from laughing.

"And you should have seen (y/n)'s face at the end! It was pretty funny too!" the boy chuckled, and you whipped around angrily.

"THERE'S NOTHING FUNNY ABOUT THAT!"

Both Viola and King Riku sweated nervously when you punched Luffy's face, causing him to crash on the ground. Smoke came from your red fist as you stood over him with a snarl:

"Do you even understand what those 10 stars mean, you dumbass?!"

"1 billion berries to kill you, right?" managed to say your captain through broken teeth.