eighteen

After being the first person to finished getting ready, Victoria waited in the parking lot for the rest. She had just placed her phone in the van when she felt a whoosh of air behind her.

Turning around, she met her favourite cyan eyes once again. "Pietro." She breathed out, falling into his arms, the speedster hesitantly wrapping his own around her. "What are you doing here?"

"I am here with Tony, along with the others on the Accord's side."

Victoria looked down. What she had feared to happen, happened. The stupid Accords tore the team apart. Both sides thinking they're right, both sides in the wrong some way or the other.

"You're here to stop us, then?"

"And to bring you in."

Victoria held her gaze with Pietro, before holding her hands out tiredly. "Do it then. Take me to the boss."

Pietro grinned at her, taking her hands and placing them around him. "I am not going to turn you in, my love. But can I ask for one thing?"

"Depends on what that one thing is."

"Kiss me."

With his hands on her cheeks, he leaned in slightly. She closed the space and they kissed sweetly. She pulled away first, keeping only an inch of space between them. His hands were still cupping her cheeks when she spoke softly to him.

"I won't stop until Steve gives up, Pietro."

"I know. And I am proud of you for it."

She gazed into his eyes, frowning slightly. "You're not upset with me?"

"Someone told me, and I quote, that I must stop acting like a dumbass about the Accords and make the girl of my dreams feel loved no matter what."

"My dad?"

"Your dad," Pietro laughed, kissing her forehead gently, before growing serious again. "Whatever happens out there, please know that I am sorry for it."

"And I'm sorry too."

She could hear her father's laughter echoing through the lot and sent a small smile to Pietro. He brushed her hair back, pecking her lips once more and whispered. "I love you, prințesa."

"I love you too, my printe."

Pietro laughed, walking backwards as he shook his head. "That is not how you say prince, Victoria."

"Oh," she giggled. "Well, you still haven't taught me anything yet."

"When all this is over, maybe I will!"

"I look forward to it!"

Pietro winked at her before disappearing from her sight. She heard her dad and Sam behind her and, as much as she tried, she couldn't wipe the smile off of her face.

"Hey kiddo, I—" Her dad broke into his own grin as he looked at his daughter. "I see all is well in Pietro-land."

"Oh, hush you."

Steve, having heard her father's comment as he entered their space, spoke directly to Victoria. "Pietro's here?"