o12

C H A P T E RT W E L V E

C H A P T E R
T W E L V E

If my heart shivered when Yuta's father showed up, then it fully stopped when it was him himself this time.

His eyes were like a solstice of seas and woods. A tinge of frigid blue and an essence of nature.

He's smiling brightly today - but I knew well that it wasn't crafted for me. But for a thousands.

Women started waving at him, seeking for his attention. I kept my hands balled on both sides of my hips.

Yuta flashed a crooked smile and waved back at them. They responsed with womanly and courtly giggles.

I pursed my lips together and spun my head away from the sight.

Only then I noticed that the space around me was vacant. My accompanies were gone. Taeil, Ten, Hendery, Renjun and Jeno.

Where on heavens are they?

I looked around, willing myself not to panic.

Then I felt slightly relieved when I saw Ten in the distant conversing with three women in extravagant dresses. He shared smiles, chuckles and catchphrases that I knew too well were already staged and practiced by him a couple of times yesterday.

I fidgeted and continued searching for the others - especially Renjun and Jeno - but they were nowhere to be seen. 

Then the thought that they could be with Hendery - frightened me even more. Uneasiness gloomed inside my chest, but I should brush those thoughts away.

Concentrate.

I wanted to approach Ten without losing my grip of calmness, but it seemed like the ceremony had already started when Yuta arrived. People began crowding over like mice effusing in a small hole, blocking my sight from my troublesome friend.

My pulse raced even faster.

My gown felt heavier right now, as if the feathers turned to knives. I wished it did though. In that way, I will be equipped at danger.

But I'm with something way more perilous than weapons; I'm with the Bosses. They could be spread out and hidden around the Dome. That thought made my mind ease fractionally, muttering to myself that it's okay, everything's gonna be okay. Just fulfill your duty. Prove yourself worthy.

I inhaled the mixed scent of the Dome, fearing if it might be blood that I would smell next. Someone's blood - ally or enemy - I wouldn't know.