o13

I was expecting that the Capital would offer a crown to the winner

I was expecting that the Capital would offer a crown to the winner. But it wasn't near one.

A medal. It's as huge as my palm, with the Capital's crest crafted on it. It was made of silvery compound, with a green arc surrounding the circle.

It was probably prettier than any of jewelries I'd seen or expected to exist. I've been hankering for that medal to get pinned on my chest. It will soon.

Knowing it's not the right time to be distracted, I can't help but to think about Renjun and Jeno's whereabouts.

I glanced around the area for one last time, but none of the boys were in sight.

Ten caught my eyes and as if we had telepathy skills, I assumed he knew what I was thinking due to the movement of his eyeballs.

Startled.

His eyes were heavy silvers, looking and blinking as if he realized how stupid he was the past few minutes.

I watched him slowly excuse himself from the circle of women he's flirting with, earning a whine from them as they refused Ten to leave.

Brats. Let go of him.

"You seem distracted, representative of the Dong family."

Pairs of sharp eyes flew to me. But the sharpest of them all was Yuta's.

"Thank you for noticing, Johnny," a forced smile. "But I can't help thinking that it's winter season today, and yet there are still so many flies."

I imagined Ten's eyes widening over my words and the girls around him making grumpy and offended faces.

Johnny seemed confused at my answer, but never said anything further about it.

"Let's get this started then..." he cleared his throat. "I will now announce the riddle. Coaching is not allowed, of course. Each competitors is only allowed to answer once."

I straightened my back, chin raised, chest out.

Yuta's focus was also to the emcee. I bet even he didn't know what the question is. On the other hand, his father never displayed tautness. His shoulders were relaxed, face rigid and free from worry. He knows.

The rest of the competitors scowled.

After calculated seconds, Johnny finally spoke:

"Why does the color red affect the infected people so much?"

**

"Sooji?"

said Baba.

"I know you're
a very smart girl."

"You remember what
I told you, right?"