F O R T Y - F I V E

Kassi

I wanted to throw up

I was going to throw up.

Except I couldn't

Why you ask?

Because I was tied up and gagged in the trunk of an effing car going God knows where. 

My limbs were stiff, my vision was hazy and I'm pretty sure I was shot with Aconite

Again

After that guy busted into the old man's place chaos erupted.

Before I could even blink, I was pierced in the neck with a needle and being whisked away from my brother and Grandfather, who were busy fighting off a group of hunters.

The car came to an abrupt halt and my head hit the metal trunk door.

"You'd think for a bunch of highly trained assassins they'd have someone who wasn't such a sucky driver" I muttered

The trunk opened and bright light assaulted my eyes.

I was picked up and hauled over a shoulder

A couple minutes later I was thrown onto the floor of a musky smelling room. From it's rancid smell my guess would be that it wasn't clean in a very long time.

Another prick to my neck and I blinked away the dizziness and blurred vision.

I looked around the blurry room and my eyes settled on a smirking figure in the corner.

"It's you" I spat in disdain

He came closer and bent down to my level before caressing my chin.

I flinched away and bared my teeth at him

He grabbed my chin harder "Ah? What happened? No roundhouse greeting again?"

"I would if I could" I snarled "Release me from these chains and I'll give you the greeting you deserve Princess"

He chuckled but quickly sobered up when a reprimanding voice chided him

"Now David" the voice tsked "Is that anyway to treat our guest of honor"

David bowed

"No father" he apologized "Please forgive my actions. They will never happen again"

The man waved his hand "Go find your brother"

"Oh Great" I muttered "There's more psychos in this family"

The man, who I was pretty sure was the tyrant Julian, laughed

"Sassy, like your mother" he bent down and grabbed my chin

I glared at him

He ignored me, his eyes scanning my entire face as he took in every detail.

"Amazing" he said in awe "You looked exactly like your mother"

He stood "Except you have his eyes"

I tried to sit up but the chains bunched up tighter

"I wouldn't do that if I were you" Julian said before walking to the small window of the rancid room "Those chains are spelled to constrict a captive the more they move. Move too much and they'll squeeze you to death"