⋆ sixteen ⋆

The sky was blue, the birds were singing, and the trees were growing well. What a lovely day, indeed. Everything around Jimin was so wonderful the boy couldn't help but sigh in content.

He arrived too early in the restaurant so it's understandable that his beloved Yoongi-hyung was yet to arrive. He was not worried, though. He had sent about a hundred texts and left a dozen voicemails to the older boy. He had no choice but to repeatedly confirm that yes, he'd be here.

Jimin looked around. The place looked pretty nice. It has a homey kind of feel that would make you comfortable and feel at ease. Their chairs were also comfy.

He had picked a seat by the corner to keep them secluded. It's almost lunch time so people would obviously rush in a few minutes from now. Being early was handy. Maybe he should ask for some kind of reward from Yoongi?

"Stop smiling. It's scary."

Jimin turned and smiled cheekily when he saw his favorite hyung standing by the table. He stuck his tongue out and revered in Yoongi's beautiful smile when he did.

"Shut up, hyung! It's cute!"

"Hmm..."

"It is and you know it!" Jimin insisted, making the other boy laugh. Oh, how he had missed that. How he had missed this.

Yoongi took his seat across Jimin and looked around, taking in the design of the restaurant. He didn't seem to be trying to ignore Jimin or avoiding making eye contact with him. It's like he suddenly changed back to the old Yoongi.

As much as he wanted to reach out right now and hold the other boy's hand, Jimin refrained himself. Jungkook had advised him that making any move might ruin everything. He was yet to find out what caused Yoongi to act like that but he did know that the boy didn't want Jimin anymore. At least, not in the way they used to be.

The thought made Jimin frown but he shook his head. It was not the time to lament the fact that he could not longer taste those pretty pink lips. Things were complicated and a lot of words were unspoken, but right now, they were here to hang out like normal friends would do. Jimin just wanted to enjoy his time with his hyung.

"Have you ordered anything yet?" Yoongi asked, pulling Jimin out of his musings. And oh, that smile.

"Nope. I wanted to wait for you," he replied.

Yoongi nodded and flashed another smile that made Jimin's heart skip a beat. "How sweet."

They gestured for a waiter to come and get their order. A beautiful blond heeded their request and handed them the menu, politely standing with her pen and pad while waiting for their orders.

Jimin was eyeing the roasted beef with interest when he noticed something's off. There was this weird feeling that kept on bugging him, and when he looked up, he realized what it was.

Oh. The freaking NERVE.

The blond waitress who had deceived Jimin and gained his trust, only to stab him in the back when he was literally not looking! How could she look at his Yoongi with those lustful eyes? And worse, Yoongi was not even aware.

Unacceptable!

Jimin scowled and was trying to think what he should do at this situation when Yoongi finally placed the menu down. Jimin watched as Yoongi listed his orders to the witch, err waitress, who was giving him heart eyes. He didn't seem perturbed by that. Ugh.

"And two mud pie sundaes," Yoongi finished. The girl gave him a sickening flirty smile.

And Yoongi smiled in return.