45

PRIVATE MESSAGE

2:21 am

Nora (Hazel)
Tom?
are you up?

TomBoy
yeah!
is everything okay?
we've been trying to reach
you all evening

Nora (Hazel)
sorry I had something to
take care of

TomBoy
but are you okay?

Nora (Hazel)
yeah
hey um is there any
chance we can have that talk
now?
I know it's so late and we
have work in the morning but
I have something to tell you as well

TomBoy
sure
want to come over to my room?

Nora (Hazel)
yeah
be there in 5

As Hazel reaches Tom's room she stands at the door for a few seconds, collecting her thoughts and mostly her strength to do it. Today has been pretty stressful and emotional with her discussion with June, but at least things are back to normal and she knows June forgave her. Now it was time to face Tom.

She knocked on the door lightly and a few moments later Tom appeared in a pair of dark basketball shorts and a black tshirt. 

"Hey, come in," the boy smiles at her and she walks in with a shy and nervous smile on her lips. She makes her way to the small couch and sits down leaving space for Tom who follows her.

"I'm sorry for bothering you so late," she mumbles nervously fumbling with her fingers.

"Don't worry, I couldn't really sleep anyway." He doesn't admit it, but he was still up because he was worried about her. He just wanted to hear anything from her to make him feel that everything is okay.

"So I have to tell you something and I hope you won't hate me for it," she starts.

"I'm sure I won't, but go on."

"I've been having a hard time with everything happening around me. This huge job, my breakup and all the new people around me, it was just really overwhelming and I didn't really process everything in the best way. I was excited to have June here, but then I saw her being so close to you and it made me feel things I wasn't ready for and I didn't really know how to deal with it."

"I'm not sure what you are trying to say," Tom says slightly confused. 

"I... I was jealous of June so I made you believe she is still into her ex and I even texted Jackson and asked him to reconnect with June so she wouldn't be interested in you."

"What?" he asks as he raises his eyebrows in surprise. 

"Just what you heard," she sighs feeling a bit relieved that it's finally out. "I might have had feelings for you that made me jealous of June so I tried to ruin whatever was between you two. And I'm very sorry for it, I talked to her today and we discussed everything and I apologized. Though she is back together with Jackson I still feel guilty for tricking everyone."

"Wow Hazel. I wasn't expecting this."

"Are you mad?"

"I'm not mad, I'm a bit scared of your skills," he says chuckling. "You really moved things around."

"I know. I feel so bad, I was a horrible friend." 

"But you and June are fine now, right? You apologized, she is happy with Jackson, so it's all good."

"Kinda," she sighs shrugging her shoulders.

"And about the other things... You said you might have had feelings for me."

"Um, yeah," she quietly says feeling her heart beating fast. What will he say next? This will decide their future relationship.

"Is it past tense? You don't have them now?" He talks slowly, thinking through every word he says. Hazel gulps and finally builds up the courage to look into his eyes.

"It's not past tense. I... still have them." Her voice is so small and gentle, it's almost just a whisper. Tom feels his heart skipping a beat.

He was planning to confess his feelings for her and now Hazel is here, sitting in his room and just admitted she has feelings for him. He didn't think this is how it would all go down. 

"Do you... um... I mean..." Hazel stutters as she is trying to collect her thoughts. "Do you have anything to say about this? God this sounded weird," she sighs closing her eyes. 

"So, you like me? Like in a 'want to date' way?" Tom asks just to make sure he understands what is going on.

"I guess, yeah."

"That's great!" he smiles, but this doesn't calm Hazel down from her stressful and nervous state.

"Great?"

"Yeah, great."

"Is this all?" she questions feeling frustrated.

"It's great because I would love to go on a date with you," he says and Hazel feels her jaw dropping probably to the ground.