15

Rose

Spinning around my work chair to pass my time was the only thing I could think off, I still couldn't understand why I acted the way I did on Saturday with Luca. If we were becoming friends then, I definitely put myself in the shitter because there is no way he wants to be around a 'psychopath' like me.

I groan to myself as I cover my face with my hands and slump over my desk, just waiting for this awful Monday to be over so I can go home and groan some more.
"Hey Rose, how was your weekend?" Emily's sweet voice pulls me out of my mood. I sit up and look at her, she's smiling down at me.

"I can't complain, how was yours?" I dodge talking about me and my stupid problems. A massive grin appears on her slim face, do I really want to know?

"I saw him again, on Friday night, Saturday night and we hung out all day yesterday." Her voice smooth and her eyes vibrant and lit up with happiness.

"Well I'm jealous, are you serious or?" I question her, I sit up straighter. Her eyes light up once again and I almost want to be sick at her happiness.

"Not yet, but I think he likes me." She scrunches her face up with the biggest smile I'd probably ever seen.

"Do you like him?" I question, feeling more and more nauseous by the second.

"So much Rose, the sex is insane!" She rambles on, I shut my ears off before I hear too much information. I've only hung out with this girl once, I don't want to hear about her sex life.

"Well that's good Hun, I better get back to work, see you later." I wave her off as she struts her petite body through the office, making a few heads turn from the men. I roll my eyes and thump my head back down onto my desk. I can't tell why I feel so shit, why I can't stop thinking about Luca. I need a fix.

Text Message [To: Jacob] Hi Jacob, I know this is random but are you free this evening?x

I rush off to the kitchen to make a coffee, my phone in hand I wait patiently for the lady in front to finish with the machine before I make mine. Looking down at my phone, waiting and watching the screen, I tap my heel on the floor. My patience wearing thin.

Text Message [From: Jacob] Hey you, I'm free tonight, what are you thinking?x

I relax slightly, when he should be telling me to do one after the last encounter we had. I really liked Jacob, he was so sweet even if he did fuck up a little bit. I'm not in it for the long haul but he's sweet enough to hang out with.

Text Message [To: Jacob] Come round mine? Get takeaway or something?x

Once Carol or whatever her name is moves out of the way I make my coffee quickly, my phone vibrates on the counter as I finish stirring my steaming drink.

Text Message [From: Jacob] How does seven sound?x

I don't even wait a couple of minutes to reply.

Text Message [To: Jacob] Perfect, I'll see you then x

I walk back to my desk at a faster pace than I did leaving it, I sit back down placing the mug on my desk. Feeling relieved that I have plans after work, I hate not having anything to do in the evenings. And I need to get my mind off Luca, I really don't like that I'm thinking about him so much.

I don't know how the girls will feel about this, but Chloe definitely seems to like the idea of Jacob more than the thought of me getting it on with Luca. I'm not sure if that's for Daniel's sake or if she still gets a bad vibe of Luca, even though I told them we get on. Kind of.
Wrapping the towel around my soaking body I walk into the kitchen to grab a glass of water, both Darcy and Chloe are sitting on the stools in a deep conversation. "Hey, I didn't know you were home?" Darcy looks up at me from her bowl of pasta, the smell of cheese and garlic hitting my nose.