World 5.4

On the day of their date, Katie as usual wore a simple dress and a light make up to make her look pure and innocent. She excitedly went to the restaurant where she was going to meet Viktor.

At the restaurant, she smugly ask for Viktor's reservation. Everytime they go on a date, Viktor always book for a reservation under his name. When the ladies saw her with him, she can see the envy and jealousy in their faces. Some of those slut even tried to confront and threatened her to stay away from Viktor, as if she would do that.

When she arrive at their table, Viktor wasn't there yet which is new since their previous dates he always arrive earlier than her. 'Maybe he was held up by an urgent meeting. My husband is busy making money after all. Ah! All the money I would have and the things I could buy once I'm married to Viktor. Soon! But I need to get rid of that child. Hmp! I won't allow to split my money.'

~°~

In his office, Viktor was having second thought in meeting Katie. He felt like he was doing something bad if he was going to meet her. He wasn't sure why he was feeling this way, it's not like this is their first date. He was also sure that he was interested with Katie because she was different from her ex-wife and the other women who only tried to win him because of his wealth but now he wasn't sure about his feelings towards her.

Viktor look at his watch and saw that he was already ten minutes late. "It's better to go and meet her to make sure if I'm still interested with her or not. If not then there's no need to continue pursuing her."

Viktor prepared to leave the office to meet up Katie but unlike their other dates he wasn't excited like before to see her. He wasn't looking forward to meet her. And to be truthful, Katie never came to his mind this past few days and he actually forgot about their date if he wasn't reminded by his secretary.

On his way to the elevator, he saw Dylan happily chatting with someone. He was shock to see this scene since the Dylan he knew is a very serious man and not sociable. He only interact with other people when it's about work or it's necessary. As far as he know, he never dated anyone before that's why he keep teasing him to get a life.

Day by day he kept discovering new things about Dylan. It's as if he didn't knew this Dylan. He was puzzled, since when did Dylan and Trevor became close?

Trevor was a corporate lawyer of one of his business partners and he was also Dylan's senior in law school but in the past they only interacted with each other for business reason. They are never this friendly with each other.

The longer Viktor look at them getting cozy, the angrier he gets. He don't understand why, but his heart felt heavy seeing Dylan being happy with someone that isn't him. He hated it.

'Those smile belongs to me. Dylan belongs to me.' Viktor was shock with the sudden possessiveness he felt towards Dylan. He shrug it off as him not being use to Dylan being friendly with someone other than him. He walk off and continue his way to meet Katie with a heavy heart.

~°~

The unaware Zion was enjoying the company of Trevor. When he first met him he felt attracted to him so he suspected that he was his lover. So to make sure whether he was his lover or not he tried to befriend him. It wasn't that hard since Trevor and the original knew each other from way back.

As he spends more time with him, he was sure that Trevor wasn't his lover even without confirming whether he has the tattoo. He may be attracted to him at first but he can't feel any connection and love towards him.

He continued being friends with him though since he really likes his carefree personality. He never really had a true friend in his original world. His so called friends only got close to him because of his wealth and connection. With Trevor he could see that he doesn't have any ill-motive towards him.

In the previous world he had Celeste as his friend, even though he only used her at first. But there are still things that he can't do together with her.

~°~

In the restaurant, Katie was patiently waiting for Victor even though he's late for almost an hour now. The other ladies who heard her when she ask for Viktor's reservation are sneering at her because its seem like he was dump by Viktor.

Katie ignored her surroundings since she was confident with Viktor's feelings toward her. She was already convinced that he was in love with her.

She smiled widely when she saw Viktor coming her way. She stand up immediately and held her head high showing to the other girls that they are no match against her.

Viktor who forced himself to attend this date saw the arrogance in Katie's demeanor. His brows furrowed, he thought that she was different from the other girls but it looks like his judgment this time was wrong.

“H-hi Viktor! I thought you bail out,” Katie accuse looking very aggrieved. She wants to make Viktor feel sorry for making her wife wait.

“I was in a meeting,” Viktor answered coldly. Seeing her acting like he owed her something is making him felt annoyed towards her. In their previous date, he always finds her cute and innocent when she was acting this way but now he was only feeling annoyed.

Katie was shock with Viktor's coldness. His attitude right now was like the first time they met. 'Maybe he had a bad day. No one can resist the beautiful me.'

“Lets order,” Viktor said and called the waiter. He ordered for his food and didn't ask what Katie wants to eat.

While waiting for their food, Katie started chatting happily telling Viktor about her days in the school. She kept on saying how much she enjoy working there since the children were so cute. But the truth is she hated those annoying and rowdy children. She wanted to hit and curse them so many times especially when they messed up with her outfits and things.

Viktor just listened silently like the other times but this time there is no trace of admiration. He was observing her thoroughly but he can't see anything different aside from earlier. It's as if what he saw earlier was just his imagination.

Katie was acting the same from the first time he met her. He used to enjoy listening to her stories but today his mind kept going back to Dylan and Trevor. He can't seem to forget the way they interact with each other. The scene were Dylan was smiling sweetly towards Trevor kept replaying on his mind.

Katie could feel that there's something different about Viktor today. He was treating her coldly like she was a stranger. He wasn't very attentive like before. He wasn't even looking at her it's as if he was thinking of someone else. 'I won't allow a nobody to take what's mine.'

“Viktor is everything okay?” She asked with concern lace in her voice.

“Yeah! Work is just hectic right now.” Viktor answered feeling a little guilty for treating Katie coldly. She has been nice to him and his son, she doesn't deserve to be treated this way but at the same time he feels like her feelings is not his business.