17. Birthday

Time seemed to fly faster than Camila could think, July quickly turned into August and Shawn's birthday was approaching. Of course they had alot planned for the upcoming week, many different people wanting to see Shawn and present him with gifts to celebrate. There wasn't another show until the following night, and so the crew had put together an exclusive party at one of Londons top hotels. Originally it had been intended for just the members of the crew that Shawn had seen most often, but as Mike ; one of Shawn's closest crew member and Camila had been put in charge of the guest list, it slowly grew to include more people that would make the event as fun as possible. Camila remembered the arguments that her and Mike had gotten into with Shawn's manager as they discussed inviting some older fans to join the party, but aside from a few hiccups, everything seemed in order and after a day of sightseeing and press, Shawn and Camila had began to get ready. Shawn looking perfect as usual choosing to wear a simple black print button up shirt and black jeans.

There was bitter wind rushing through the streets that evening, autumn was just around the corner so that explained it. Camila knew when she'd chosen the short velvet nude dress that the wind would be able to caress places that would otherwise not be a problem, but she'd chosen to ignore as she knew that Shawn loved that dress. He had picked it out himself when they were shopping online and the look in his eyes when Camila had pulled it from the suitcase was unmistakably a reason to wear it on the night of his birthday. It was short, but not too short finishing in the middle of her thighs with a cut that did not show off cleavage. It hugged her body just right.

They had thought it would be an easy entry to the hotel, but as usual the paparazzi were flooding the entrance so they sat in the black van for a few minutes trying to mentally prepare themselves to be pushed around by people. Camila adjusted the leather jacket on her shoulders and turned her gaze to the man next to her, his eyes still focused on the crowd outside of the car, the flashes that were already going off reflecting in his eyes. He turned to her and let a smile wash over his face. "You ready for this?" he spoke, unbuckling his seatbelt and glancing out the car window once more.

"Hell yeah I'm ready." Camila replied excitedly, knowing it was going to be crazy to get in, but it would be equally as fun once they were inside. No matter how many times they had to push their way through cameras it never failed to shock both of them the extent that people were willing to go to get an image. Camila unbuckled her own seatbelt and grinned as she felt Shawn's fingers slip into hers, a quick squeeze was all they had time for before the hotel security guard had come to open the door of the van. Shawn stepped out first refusing to let go of Camila's hand as the walked through the crowd as quickly as they could. As soon as he realized how many people there were, he wrapped an arm around Camila's waist and pulled her towards the door, careful to not make her trip in the black 6" heels she'd chosen to wear for the party.

"More people than usual." He shouted over them, laughing with Mike and Camila as they continued trying to push through people. After a few short seconds, Shawn seemed to give up with trying to pull Camila through the crowd entirely, and turned around, picking her up in his strong arms and running as fast as he could through the decorative black doors of the hotel. Camila laughing the entire time she couldn't believe he was actually carrying her all the way in.

Shawn continued to run even though there was no reason to, and Camila held onto his neck for dear life, she was sure that if he didn't drop her they would end up running into something or someone and end up getting hurt. To her surprise, he slowed down until he was still and she opened her eyes in time to feel him sitting her down on one of the couches in the VIP section of the hotels club. The room felt so luxurious that she could hardly believe where they were. The plush maroon sofas matches the cushions on the seats that were surrounding the large mahogany table, food already there waiting for everyone when they came in. They were definitely not the first to get there, there were people at the private bar getting drinks and others talking amongst themselves as they waited for the rest of the party to make their way through the door.