× Curious George ×

Curious George is a human child with some type of developmental delay.

George’s mother died in childbirth and the man with the yellow hat is suffering from PTSD from the trauma of losing his wife in childbirth.

This explains everything: why the man with the yellow hat does a rather pisspoor job of handling George and the community steps up to help out.

George is free to run rampant throughout that part of the town because everyone knows him and takes care of him.

The house in the country was his wife’s (which explains how a paleontologist can afford a condo in NY City AND a house in upstate NY and why the house in the Country is much much much more decorated.)

The man in the yellow hat is often crying alone which is why he abandons George at times and leaves him to his own “adventures”.

He only interacts with a specific few people and children normally because they are vetted by the man in the yellow hat.

The man in the yellow hat wears it as a daily homage to his late wife who bought him the outfit, which is why he will risk life and limb at all costs to rescue the hat when it blows away. 

The man with the yellow hat doesn’t really date (although he is clearly trying with Professor Wiseman which explains why she is always trying to have alone time with George.)

George is about 4-5 years old and honestly believes he is a monkey, which everyone around him knows and supports because the truth is horrid.

Theory by thedadpool