× Winx Club/The Little Mermaid ×

What if....Princess Mermaid Ariel was the daughter of Bloom from The Winx.

What if when Bloom tried to obtain her Sirenix powers, she was chanxed by the same spell that almost destroyed her sister.

We never know where Athena truly came from.

Well here it is.

After Bloom obtained her Sirenix powers she becamed trapped in a bodiless ghost form, just like her sister Daphne.

However, Prince Triton found her one day and used his powers to give her the form of a Mermaid, not being able to fully turn her back to her true form.

Due to not being able to return to her normal life, Bloom began life Under The Sea and eventually fell in love with Prince Triton.

Her hair and eyes began to grow duller from aging and the salt water in the ocean.

Bloom eventually changed her name from Bloom to Athena, based on the Guardian Pixie of Red Fountain's Codex and one of the four powerful pixies in the realm of Magix, whom she befriended.

She decided to change her name when she married King Triton in order to cut ties with her past that she knew she could never truly return to.

However, she still loved to visit the land she came from which is why the Mer Folk had many gatherings up above the water, as shown in "The Little Mermaid: Ariel's Beginning".

Athena found a cave one day and started collecting various items that she knew were from her homeland.

She hoped one day that she could show her daughters once her collection became complete.

She wished that they would be able to visit land for even the shortest minutes so that they would know the world she came from.

However, that never was able to happen.

Triton was so distraught after the death of Athena, or Bloom, that he decided to cut off all ties with land people.

Fast forward now where Ariel finds the cave which causes her mind to wonder to life beyond the sea.

Eventually she falls in love with Prince Eric when she visits as a human, which she was able to do through the help of Ursala the Sea Witch.

Triton, at the end, wants to see Ariel happy.

However, Triton has been keeping a secret.

Triton never told Athena, or Bloom, that he found magic that could return her to her normal self.

He never told her because he was afraid that she would leave him.

Not wanting to see the same sorrow fate of his beloved wife happen to Ariel, he transforms her into a human.

Coincidental?

I think not.