Bonus Chapter: Elise and Adam's Date

Here is Elise and Adam's date.  I hope you like it.  I kept it pretty short, and I know some of you will want it longer, but this is really Em and Drew's story....and even Ellie's a little (I know most of you hate her, but she does have a heart.....it's just been pretty well hidden so far.  You'll see.  )  Happy reading!

Pic on right is Robert Sheehan as Adam.  The caption fits Drew better, though.  :-)

*******************************************************************************************************************

Adam was extremely nervous. He was sitting in Shelley's, watching for a girl in a purple dress. He wondered how she knew he liked a girl in purple. He really hoped this wasn't a bust, because he felt drawn to this girl. When she'd emailed him through the website and said she loved his profile, he'd been taken aback. Usually, he would find a girl whose profile he liked and send her a smile. Then, she would never return the sentiment. Elixir27 had wanted to chat right away, and she had seen his profile first. He was seriously hoping he wasn't being catfished. Why would she pick his profile out of everyone else's? It must have been pretty boring if no one else had even bothered to reply to any of his "smiles." It was too late if this was a mistake, because he was in it all the way right now.

Elise sat in her car in the parking lot, nervous beyond belief. Her palms were sweaty and she felt like she might puke. Pretty soon, Adam would know it was her who he'd been messaging for the past 6 weeks. What if he didn't think of her that way? What if he was too disappointed to even entertain the idea that they might make a good couple? This was the time where Adam could go from being her secret crush, who she got to hang out with sometimes, to Emily's good friend around whom she felt awkward.  I guess it's now or never, she thought, exiting her car and smoothing her dress down before walking into the restaurant.

Adam was sitting there when he saw Elise Rangle walk through the door to Shelley's. He wondered what she was doing here. That's funny, he thought, she has a purple dress on, too. He saw that the waitress was bringing her right to his table.

"Would you like anything to drink?" the waitress asked her.

"Just water," Elise replied, sitting down on the edge of the chair, as if she were about to bolt out of the restaurant.

"Hi, Elise!" Adam said, unsure why she'd had the waitress bring her to his table.

"Hey," Elise said, sounding quieter than usual.

"I don't mean to be rude," Adam started, "but I'm waiting for someone."

He could only hope his date was as beautiful as Elise. If he thought he didn't have a chance with Ellie, he knew that he had an ice cube's chance in hell of dating Drew's sweet sister. He always enjoyed when she would tag along with him and Em. He'd just never considered her anything more than Em's close friend.  She was way out of his league.

If mystery girl comes in here and sees a guy in an aqua shirt talking to a babe like Elise, she might leave, he thought.  

Em sat in the chair across from him, fidgeting, and looking uncomfortable.

"I know," she said, finding the silverware at her place setting suddenly very interesting.

"You do? Did Em tell you?" Adam asked.

"You told me. I told you I'd be in a purple dress. You told me you'd be wearing an aqua shirt."

"Huh? What are you.....?  Are you ..... her? My cyber girl?" he asked, unable to believe his good luck.

"Elixir27 in the flesh," she replied.

"Are you sure?" he asked, still not accepting her words as fact.