The Happiest of Them All (Ralph x reader)

Request: Ralph proposing to reader? Please and thanks! 💜 -anon

A/N:  This was so cuuuute to write and it ended up being loooong :D ♥ Also, F/F is (your) favorite food.

Warnings: None!

Word count: 1 248

***

He had thought about it for a long time. He had read all about it, he had asked advice from his best friends Jerries and still, he was so nervous. Why was he nervous? He had nothing to be nervous about. What if you said no? If you would hate him for saying such things? He knew he wasn't the best man in the world due to his anger issues and instability. But you had praised him, said you love him so much. Said you want to spend the rest of your life with him. That you wouldn't trade him to anyone.

He was fiddling with the box in his hands and he felt like the clock ticking on the living room wall was louder than ever before. You would come home at 5pm. About five minutes. He had cooked for you, your favorite meal. His fiddling fastened by every second.

Then, the key was turning in the lock and the door clicked. Ralph let out a surprised squeal, as he was awakened from his deep thoughts and quickly stuffed the green box into his pocket.

"H-hey Y/N!" he was casually leaning against the wall as you stepped into your apartment and closed the door. You looked at him, a slightly amused expression on your face, he really was trying to be normal. You knew from his posture that something wasn't as usual. Not necessarily wrong but... something was up. You could see Ralph wanted to hide it, so you didn't let it bother you for now. He would tell you if he wanted to tell, you knew that from experience. You had dated for three years, after all... it still seemed like yesterday when you had met, when you found that strange android from the abandoned house, when you accidentally had fallen sleep in the bus and needed a place to stay the night, since you couldn't afford the motel room. Little did you know back then, you had feared him at first because he continuously pointed his knife at you and told you that you couldn't be trusted, because you were a human. Humans had hurt Ralph and he was sure you would do the same. But after the first night, you had found him crying in the corner of the room that had previously been a kitchen. He was curled up there and muttering, scolding himself. He had looked so vulnerable, so you sat beside him and asked him what's wrong. It had seemed like a bad idea, because Ralph had flinched away and pointing his knife at you, claiming you came there to hurt him.

But on the same evening, he apologized and said he believes now that you were trying to help. And from that moment, you first befriended with him and then, really slowly, you two fell in love.

"Hey." you smiled at him, walked over and wrapped your arms around his waist. "Gosh, I've wanted to rest in your arms for... have you cooked?" you asked, as you smelled the scent of food coming from the kitchen. You looked at Ralph, surprised look on your face. Ralph loved cooking, but hadn't cooked since you had told him why dead rats aren't human food. He didn't believe he could do anything else.

"Ralph wanted to... surprise Y/N. He wanted to show he's the best boyfriend for them!" he smiled proudly, slightly holding his chest out. You chuckled.

"Oh, Ralph. You already are the best boyfriend. But thanks, I'm starving." you pecked your android boyfriend on the lips and went to the kitchen. There was a beautiful bouquet of flowers on the kitchen table and there were lights hanging from the lamp. It was obvious Ralph had put an effort to it, he had tried to make it look as romantic as possible.

"Ralph made them F/F! He knows they love it." Ralph eagerly took the plate from the cupboard and started to pour the food on your plate, before placing it in front of you.

"Looks good, Ralph." you smiled at him. He was so excited. More excited than usual. Why? And there was so much food in your plate that you seriously doubted if you could eat it all, even when you were starving. You started to eat and were surprised, because the food tasted like heaven. "Ralph, this is delicious! I'm impressed!"

"Y/N likes it! Ralph is so happy!" he almost jumped on you, hugging you tightly but then he quickly released you and backed up.

"Ralph, what's wrong?" you asked, as you saw him fiddling with his fingers, indicating he was nervous.

"Ralph... goes to another room. He will leave Y/N to eat in peace. A-and... Ralph has... something to show Y/N." he said and then quickly dashed out from the kitchen. You furrowed your eyebrows, what was going on? You ate the food for some time, but then your curiosity won. You placed the plate with rest of the food on the kitchen counter and slowly made your way to the direction where Ralph had dashed.

You found him in the laundry room, talking to himself and fiddling something in his hands. You stood by the door for a moment, but couldn't make out anything sensible from his muttering.

"Ralph? Is everything alright?" you asked quietly, and Ralph nearly jumped, stuffing the little, green box in his hands quickly to his pocket.

"Y/N! Did Y/N e-eat? D-did they l-like it?" Ralph stuttered, and you walked over to him.

"Yes, Ralph. I liked it. Would you tell me what's wrong? I know something is up." you pleaded, gently holding his cheeks. He stared at your eyes with his undamaged eye and brought his other hand to hold your hand holding his damaged cheek.

"R-Ralph wanted it to be perfect." he whispered, and you tilted your head in slight confusion. Did he really think you would make a number out of it even if the food would have been burnt?

"The food was perfect, don't worry about that." you said to him and ran your thumbs over his cheeks.

"No. Ralph wanted this moment to be perfect." he said and glanced down. Now you were even more confused.

"What do you mean?"

He was quiet for a moment. Then he quickly sucked in a breath, though he didn't need to.

"Wimaralph!" he exclaimed, it sounded like he was saying something really quickly, but you didn't catch it, and you slightly jumped at the sudden, loud voice.

"What?" you asked, an amused look on your face. He was quiet again. Then he sighed. He started to do little voices, trying obviously to say something.

"Ralph... he... wants... will Y/N... marry Ralph?" he then asked, lifting his gaze to your eyes and quickly digging the green box out of his pocket, presenting the ring inside it to you. There was a scent of washing machine detergents and the pipes in the laundry room were clanging quietly when the water flowed through them. Not the most romantic place to propose and Ralph even wasn't on his knee but... you really didn't care about that. You smiled and kissed him.

"Of course I will." you then said.

And for the rest of the evening, you thought Ralph would never stop spinning you around. You had made him the happiest man of the world. But you were the happiest person too in the world now.

And your marriage would be the happiest marriage in the world.