42|Tea |

The arrangements for the tea were beyond my expectations, I did not think an event as such could have been organised at such a short notice. All praise to the hardworking staff of the Royal family.

The tea was held in one of the many lounges in the palace, the King Landford Lounge. All the courtiers were present, from advisors to Lord's and ladies. I entered into the lounge with my family, and was announced as the member of the Royal family.

Many people had come and stopped to meet me at the table whee I sat with all the other members, sipping tea with all the ettiquete o have learner on my life, sticking my little finger out.

I was draped in a beautiful dress, lilac net sewn into an elegant day dress reaching just below my knees, completed by a few pearls arranged on the margin of the round neckline.

I was introduced to Mr.Andrew, an advisor. Moreover, Lord and Lady of Karimshire, Lady Lockhart of Soman and Sir John, and Ms. Anabelle Beaufort, the only female advisor on the board all came by and met me.

After the cup of tea I had was empty , I made rounds around the lounge with Catherine who helped me get to know new people.

They were all so kind and welcoming, except one couple. They were the Lord and Lady of Nasilean. They acted very queer, as if my presence was apalling.

"This here is Lady Nasilean", Catherine told me, as the lady bowed her head and extended her hand.

I shook it and smiled at her, but on her part the smile wasn't there, not even a forced one. I withdrew my hand from hers, and she said, " Whoever suggested the adoption, as if it not a palace but an orphanage."

Her remark was snide and her tone was cold. And it wasn't a question, nor did she want the answer.

"Pardon?" Catherine said.

"Catherine, I don't want to come of as a rude person, but this is not a trust? Is it?" She said, her nose skyhigh. "Of yes, then I have a few names in mind if you all need more to adopt."

"Joceline that was not rude at all. In fact that was the indication of how small that little brain of yours is!" Catherine replied, latching her hand on my arm ready to steer me away. "Broaden that line of thought, of you know someone in need, help them, instead of preparing a list."

Just as Catherine was going to walk away with me, a man seeming a year teo older than Lady of Nasilean joined the conversation, presumably the Lord.

"Princess, you seem to have been offended by my wife's statements. Bitter words. I know the truth always hurts. But you all don't really expect us to bow to them?"

"Them?" She asked.

"The orphans and the needy." He gestured towards me not making an eye contact, not even once.

That was enough to rile me up! What do they think they are? And how did they ever suppose that the could talk to the future queen consort the way have?

"Excuse me , Lord and Lady of Nasilean," I spoke their titles with all the disgust I felt," I suggest you to not talk to Catherine like that. It would be better if you talked about me with myself. And please. If you have any problem voice it to someone else, I am sure the two of us cannot help. It was nice meeting the both of you." I said with a forced smile.

Joceline seemed offended. "Catheri-"

"That's "your highness" for you, both of you. Have a good day!"

Catherine dragged me along with her, away from the devilish couple.

"Stupid." She murmured. "I shouldn't have taken you to that big mouthed woman."