Chapter 1

Chapter 1

The medical college hostel for girls was located in the heart of the city of Bengaluru, one of the best cities in terms of technology and work prospects for India. It had the provision for hundred odd female students and supplied all sorts of necessary aids to the girls.

"So you rang sharp at five in the early morning. How much I love you for waking me up like this daily." Jiyasha got out of her bed the next moment after giving a light peck to her alarm clock.

Jiyasha Mehta was a twenty one year old girl and scholar at the best Medical College in the city. She was living in a room at the hostel, away from her native village which was far from the city. She belonged from a middle class family in one of the distant villages of Karnataka and had never visited her family even once since when she joined college. She was here in the city only to fulfil her dream due to some unavoidable reasons. She was completing her MBBS degree and had high hopes in becoming a renowned doctor some day.

She wore her comfortable tank top and a pair of trousers which gave her a frenzy yet chubby look. Draping her bare shoulders with the cotton shrug, she walked downstairs humming her favorite Bollywood song.

The flowers in the garden of the hostel had blossomed for the day and Jiyasha was ready to inhale the first fresh and scented breath of the morning flowers. She went near and smelled one of them, allowing herself to bask in the musky fragrance.

"Flowers are full of delicacy and they also have lives. We must not pluck them unnecessarily," she whispered to herself while watering the plants.

"The gardener isn't up yet. I don't know why he keeps sleeping for long hours daily and I have to perform his duty on his behalf. Today is the final day for the project submission. I don't even know whether that girl has completed her work. I always end teaming up with her and then face problems with submitting assignments on time. But she is my best friend and always relies upon me. How can I not help her?" Jiyasha kept rambling until she completed watering the plants.

She quickly moved upstairs to perform the second part of her morning duty and which was actually to wake her best friend from sleep. As she walked across the length of the balcony, she kept knocking on every girl's door to wake them up.

Finally her footsteps halted besides a wooden door of room number 26. She slowly turned the knob and peeped through it. She murmured, "Hmm..She is still sleeping. Wait I'll show her."

She entered the room of her best friend inaudibly and picked up the empty flower vase from the table. The container had still retained a little amount of water.

Jiyasha walked to the side of the bed of her sleepy best friend and skillfully removed the blanket. Within seconds, she poured the water over her friend's face and screamed, "Good morning M-o-n-i-c-a."

Monica sat upright with a jerk, "Hell girl it's you, Jiya.... Isn't it too early to wake me up, stupid!"

Jiyasha and Monica, both were best of friends and both were two famous names in their college. Jiyasha was known for her intelligence and studious nature whereas Monica was just the opposite. She was a playful and prank loving girl who relied upon Jiyasha for everything. But both of them loved each other immensely.

Monica Singh belonged from a rich family and was the only daughter of her parents. Her residence was in a different corner of the state and she visited her place often during holidays. The reason behind her playful nature was the freedom and money that she had got and became a spoiled brat eventually.

Jiyasha wiped the water off Monica's face as she spoke, "Don't you remember today is the final day for submitting our project for the session. And if we don't, Sir is going to kill us."