Chapter IV - Hunting Rabbits

After taking out the guards and getting their weapons, Bakugou and (y/n) decided not to stay any longer then they had to. They continued to sneak out of the castle, taking out more guards along the way.

Once they were off of castle grounds, Bakugou and (y/n) decided to go down a well worn path, since they didn't know where else to go.

"Hey Bakugou," (Y/n) asked after some time.

He grunted as a way of telling her he heard her.

"How long do you think we were down in there for?"

He glared at her. "I don't fucking know,"

(Y/n) pouted. "Aw c'mon. Entertain me,"

Bakugou growled. "Shit I don't know. A day? Shut up and leave me alone,"

She loudly sighed. "You're no fun. Bakahoe," she said, whispering the last part.

He only glared at her in response.

The next couple of minutes were spent in silence until (y/n) noticed the sun was starting to set. She stopped and checked the sky. He noticed she stopped a couple of seconds later; stopping himself and turning to her. He looked at her and then looked in the direction she was looking. He cocked an eyebrow in confusion.

"The fuck are you looking at?"

She blinked a couple of times before responding. "We have about an hour of sunlight left. We should stop for the night soon,"

"And how the hell do you know that?"

She looked at him. "A skill I picked up on since living in the wilderness. C'mon,"

Bakugou stared at (y/n) as she passed him. "Okay weirdo,"

She didn't look back as she called back to him. "It's not weird if it's a survival tactic!"

Bakugou huffed as he caught up to her. "Yeah well I never had to do something like that before,"

She slowed upon seeing him next to her and looked over at him. "Then clearly our living situations and how we survived in the wilderness for so long is different. You have your ways I have mine," she calmly said.

Bakugou slightly frowned. "Yeah. Okay. Whatever,"

About 15 minutes later, (y/n) and Bakugou came across an abandoned barn. After staking the place out and making sure it was safe, Bakugou plopped down in one of the stables.

"Alright. How about you get a fire going and I'll get food?"

"You can hunt?" He seemed genuinely surprised.

(Y/n) scoffed. "I don't have a bow and arrow for nothing smart one,"

Bakugou growled and stood up. "Fine. You can get the food today. I'll get the damn wood,"

(Y/n) smiled sweetly at him, as if to tease him. "Okie dokie. I should be back in five minutes or so, Bakahoe," She giggled to herself, "Heh, I'm a poet and didn't know it,"

"Oi! Don't call me that!"

*****

When (y/n) came back to the barn with two rabbits, she found Bakugou sulking by the fire.

"Miss me?" She smirked.

"Hell no."

"Pfft okay. Anyways, do you know how to skin a rabbit?" She held a rabbit up to him.

"Huh?! What kind of question is that?!"

"I'll take that as a no. I'll just do it for you then." She took one of the rabbits and started skinning it.

"Oi! I never said I couldn't!"

(Y/n) shot her head up. "Well do ya?"

There was a long silence.

"...no..."

She looked down and got back to skinning the rabbit. "That's what I thought,"

For the next 10 minutes the only noises that could be heard was the fire cackling, the creatures of the night, and the slicing of the rabbit with (y/n)'s knife.

After a couple more minutes, (y/n) looked up and saw Bakugou still sulking and staring into the fire. She had an odd feeling of guilt wash over her.

She sighed and got up to move next to Bakugou. "Here." She said as she held out the rabbit and a knife to him.

He stopped staring into the fire to look at her. "What?"

"You said you didn't know how to skin a rabbit. I can teach you." She smiled at him.

Bakugou looked back and forth between the rabbit and her smiling face a couple of times; huffing before taking the knife and the rabbit.

(Y/n) helped Bakugou with the skinning until both rabbits were skinned and cooked.

They sat in comfortable silence before Bakugou looked at (y/n) and decided to speak up.

"How'd you learn to hunt?" He questioned.

"Huh?" (Y/n) looked up at Bakugou.

He looked back down at his cooked rabbit meat. "You have a bow and arrow, you went out and got us rabbit, I'm presuming you know what you're doing, so how'd you learn to hunt?"

(Y/n) looked back down at her own cooked rabbit meat. "I guess it was always something I was interested in. One day when I was younger I asked my parents, and considering I'm an only child it looked like they had no qualms about teaching me,"

"Ah," Bakugou didn't feel like prying further, as it seemed like a sensitive topic; talking about her parents.

Eventually, with their bellies soon full, the two of them started feeling sleepy. (Y/n) had decided to lay down by the fire while Bakugou had decided to lean against the barn wall behind him.

He had watched (y/n)'s figure, that was lightly being outlined by the slowly dying fire, as his eyes began to feel heavy. He welcomed sleep that night with open arms.

*****
(a/n: Another short chapter, I'm sorry! I promise the next one is much longer. But as always thank you for reading!)
Word count: 954
-edited-