Break My Heart and I'll Break Your Car. Chapter One.

Chapter One.

Shopping. I couldn't stand shopping even though with the career my parents were designing for me you would think I would love to shop. I didn't though, so that's why at this moment I was hiding in my super secret spot. No one could see me, definitely if I scrunched my eyes closed. "What are you doing?" my little sister, Jane asked. Hugging her favorite stuffed kitty to her chest, and her thumb in her mouth.

"Go" I mouthed, pointing towards the stairs.

"No" she said, being her usual stubborn self. She was six years old, and knew how to push my whole families buttons.

"Yes, If you go ill buy you candy" I whispered, and she smiled and skipped towards the stairs singing Candy in different voices. I heard footsteps and my mother screaming my name, so I closed my eyes quick and hard. I heard the front door open, and someone sit on the couch. I was hoping it was Quinn and his Fiancé or Tommy and one of his friends. I heard footsteps, and then my mother voice right in front of me.

"Wesley, Honey have you seen your sister? We really need to go on this shopping trip for we can get new outfits for the dinner tonight with Jones" my mother said, her voice shrill with panic. I opened my eyes wide though, because she said Wesley. The last person I wanted down here, because if he saw me he wouldn't hesitate to tell on me. Being twins didn't faze him at all.

"Um.." he trailed off his eyes scanning the room until they landed on me, he smirked and his crystal blue eyes glinted with mischief. No. No. No. "Under the table" he said, pointing his thumb at me and I buried my head into the carpet.

"Raine, What are you doing under the dinning table? The dinner is in four hours!" she shrieked her voice in hysteria.

"Looking for our pet dog Mr. Snickers! What else would I be doing down here, on the floor, underneath the table?" I asked, getting on my knees and pretending to search for a dog I knew we didn't have.

"Mr. Snickers? We don't have a dog, Raine" my mother said, and I gasped.

"We don't? Since when?" I asked, confusion etched in my futures. She narrowed her eyes. "Raine I'm not in the mood to play games, We need to get going" she shrieked, and I widened my eyes. "Uh, I'm sick. See?" I said and 'coughed' my mother threw her hands up, frustrated with me.

"Raine, If you don't want to go shopping them be prepared to have me pick out your outfit" she said, and grabbed her purse and stomped outside. Clearly pissed that I wasn't going but I couldn't go. I had to practice my racing, This guy who thinks he is a 'big shot' was coming today. I raced upstairs, and grabbed my duffel bag, and was out the door. My family didn't know my dirty secret, and I was planning on keeping it that way. My mom wanted me in pageants, and I did them. I won all of them too, I have only lost maybe two or three. My dad wanted me to know how to play the piano and sing so I got teachers and I perfected each. I was even in a small Disney, it was a small part but it was something. I was there perfect daughter, and I hated it. I got in my car, and drove to the arena.

I remember when I was introduced to street racing it was when I was fourteen and I begged my older brother Quinn to take me to a car show. Which he did, and that's where I met Ollie and Mickey. My only two friends, because my mom home schooled us all. She didn't want us around other children because they were 'bad' influences to our studies. She also wanted me to work on my talents. So she still didn't approve of us having friends but we did. A few but, we had some. Mickey's uncle raced, and once when I went to there house there Uncle Mickey took us all to a practice. I was amazed by the speed of the cars, and begged Mickey's Uncle to teach me. He taught us all, and we became the Night Riders.