Chapter 5 1/2

October 5 10:27 AM
                                  (Jack)
I've been up for hours. To be specific, about seven hours. I couldn't fall asleep. Every time I tried it felt like someone was whispering to me. Or maybe I was dreaming and I heard it. All I remember is it kept saying (y/n)'s name and I don't know why but I don't have too good a feeling about it.

        After a bit I go up to the attic to see if (Y/n) is up. When I go up I'm not surprised that she is looking out the window with a look of pure desire to be outside. Her face was pained and I almost felt guilty. Almost. She looked at me and I held up a rope I had used for her before. She sighs but complied with it.

          A few minutes later shes still in the bathroom. Why are girls in there for such a long time. For goodness sakes I had time to go downstairs and wash an apple and grab a chocolate bar. I even watched a little TV. When I heard the toilet flush I rushed upstairs to meet her and give her something to eat. While she washed her hands I just had to think a bit. Maybe I could take her downstairs. But would she obey is the question Jack. Welp, ya live and ya learn. Besides, I've seen some stuff I think she should too.

            She sits on the couch as I turn on the TV for her. As she's watching the woman report my crimes I hear her drop something. Maybe she doesn't like apples. Or she's in shock, genius. I watch with her though I've seen reports a thousand times. But the only difference from the others is a boy. He looks about her age and his name pops up on the screen and I don't think it was a brother. Now, the problem wasn't him, it was what he said for some reason. When he looked at the camera and said he'd do whatever it took to get (Y/n) back, I felt a strange feeling in my heart. Almost like a pang. It was a mix of rage and sadness. I let it slide but still thought it was strange.

October 5 6:13

(Y/n) had been watching the channels I put on for her. I had put on a cooking channel out of boredom for background noise while I did other things. At one point I heard her give and audible 'mmm'. "What?" I asked.
"Paaaancaaaaakes..." she said, practically drooling. "What the hell are pancakes?"
"What!" She yelled "What are pancakes? Oh no. C'mon. We're making pancakes. Let's see what ya got."

She proceeded to go through the kitchen and grab several things including eggs, flour, milk, and other things. She mixed it all together and came out with batter. I went to go preheat the oven because I forgot you need an oven to make cake. She stopped me while I turned it on and asked what I was doing. "I'm heating it up for the cake."
"PAN-cake, Jack. You make it in a pan."
"I knew that." She just rolled her eyes.
"I'll let you do it yourself then."
"Okay, fine." I could feel my face getting hot in the mask. Shit. I don't know how to do this. Okay. Simple, obvious. I put the batter in the pan. I almost make the batter cover the bottom until she stopped me and said I was putting too much. I waited a few minutes and flipped it when I gave it to her to taste test she spit it out.
"It isn't cooked all the way!" And I could see what she meant. The batter was practically running out of  the center.

I tried several times after that. Each ended up burnt, raw, or...somehow wrong. I eventually gave up at around 7:50 and let her show me how. But I was distracted a bit. I couldn't help myself. I stared at her while she made the pancake. Why was everything about her so... perfect. Her eyes, her smile, everything. No. Stop it Jack. She will never love something like you. Not in a million years. When she was done she cut into the pancake. It was neither burnt nor raw and I almost felt embarrassed that she had done it on her first try.

A bit over an hour later she is on the couch watching a show. I walk over to her to see if I could take her up. She was asleep as I looked. So helpless, so vulnerable, so....tasty. I wonder what her kidneys tasted like. Would they even have a taste? Oh what kind of question is that. Of course they do. I feel my mouth begin to water. If I carry her I won't be able to resist cutting her open and taking a bite of her insides. I instead go to the kitchen and fill a big glass of water. I try my best to make it to her silently. As I dump it on her she jolts up. "What the hell Jack!" She screamed.
"You we're asleep on my couch and I'm not about to carry someone as heavy as you up the stairs."
"I'm not that heavy." She mumbled under her breath.
"Sure. Whatever you say." When she realized I heard her cheeks were dusted pink. Blood. NO JACK! Have some self control. I quickly tied the rope around her wrists and led her up.

As I closed the hatch behind me I went to my bedroom. The white floor reflected the moonlight and shadows of the trees. As my feet touched the soft gray rug that ran under and around my bed I could feel my legs go weak. I was exhausted after all. I plopped down onto the bed and the bedsheets surrounding me felt like heaven. I was glad the sliding door was open so the fall breeze made it's way into my room. I had just closed my eyes when I heard someone whisper my name.

Jack

   I sat up and looked around. Nothing. I laid back down and blamed it on drowsiness. About 10 minuets later...

Jack

This time I sat up faster. "Who's there?" I ask. No answer. I stay up to see if I hear it again, but I never do. So I fall asleep.

     I feel as if I'm being rolled over. I can't move. I can't feel my lower half and it's hard to breath. So hard to the point I'm gasping for air. I can't open my eye sockets. Then I feel it. Two large hands are around my neck. My eyes shoot open and there's something there.

YOU CAN NEVER HAVE HER! EVER!

        I can't move and I stop breathing after a deep gasp for air. My mouth opens and my hands grip my black sheets. It laughs in my face and cuts my stomach, enjoying the agony spread across my face. I try to scream but all I feel is black ooze coming from my eyes. I managed to crack my eyes open just a bit. Help me is all I can think. It laughs and stares at me with its red glowing eyes. And just as quick as it started, it was over. As if too catch up, my voice comes back in the middle of my screaming. I gasp for air and let it return to my lungs. It feels so good but stings all the same. I lay down and don't dare close my eyes. But resisting sleep was futile. Impossible. And i eventually succumb to the need to be thrown into sleep again.