The Amazing Race

Well sort of.

Hey guys I have a new book in development which is, in itself, a written version of the popular TV Reality game show The Amazing Race.

If you don't know what it is, The Amazing race is a show where 11 teams of 2 made up of friends, family, coworkers etc (Except one season where they paired up 2 complete strangers), Race around the world for a grand prize of 1 million dollars.

Segments of the race are broken into what are called legs, Think of the legs of the race as laps. And teams are eliminated one at a time for arriving at the pit stop last. Though sometimes, usually only two or three times, They can be non-elimination legs, where the last place team will survive that round but will then have to complete an additional challenge in the next leg.

I have been absolutely fucking obsessed with The Amazing Race for a good 15 years of my life and I have always wanted to race it. But due to the fact that it's pretty much only continously run in America. (It has had many international versions including three Australian seasons, a few in Canada, A few Asian seasons as well.)

For this reason, and for my love of the series, I'm doing a book which is going to be for The Amazing Race.

But it's not going to be an original book so hear me out.

Anyone who follows me on Twitter or perhaps knows about Jay's stream.

Www.twitch.tv/Jayg3r

Yes it's that Jay.

Knows I'm pretty actively working on this. And it's half of the reason why I vanished from Wattpad for a while, First of all let me apologize for that.

I had practically lost the motivation to write as Work became intense and I started focusing more on my Twitch streams.

I did just upload a one shot and I'm so proud of myself for pulling through and getting one done, but this led me to remember what I loved about writing and that was creating a universe and writing out a story that people can enjoy.

I'm not going to say I have that spark back but I'm definitely going to try and not wait a couple months between each story.

In regards to that, anyone who has been a long time reader of mine knows I'm ALWAYS working on something. Whether it's hidden books that you know doesn't always make it on here, or whether it's just planning stuff out for later, I'm always working and this time. Oh boy.

I have 11 teams of 2 for this literary season of the amazing race. Each team consists of a "fan" and a "creator"

Now the fans are easy to explain, I reached out to friends and to people in some Discord servers I'm in to create a diverse cast of 11 fans and I think I did a pretty good job.

With each fan telling me thier age, Their occupation (job) and what compelled them to join the amazing race. I then went ahead and created a back story for each character.

With the creators, I wanted to originally keep it within my 50k to 1.5million but that didn't exactly work, So instead I created on a bunch of different aspects, Namely, I chose creators I knew I would be able to obtain written permission of to write them into this book.

In saying that, I tried to obtain permission from a few different people but of course, obtaining permission to write a Fanfiction about some people was a bit more difficult than expected as reaching out to them is quite difficult.

So I asked people J knew and one that was a complete swing in the dark (That worked out) and found 11 creators with 9 of which I have obtained written permission to include in this book, with the last 2 being so high in sub count that its almost impossible for me to reach out to them via normal means, So I have decided to write them in, knowing I would obtain permission if by some stroke of luck I was able to reach towards them.

Now for the fun part.

I'm not sure if I should do a separate update here with all 11 fans and 11 teams because no one knows who is in each team except for two people, Myself and one of the content creators, mainly because I don't think they would actually read it anyway.

So how is this going to work?

Well let's put it this way, If I did it my way I would just pair up who I wanted to win and go with them throughout the race, But that's not how it's going to work as I've decided to completely randomize a lot of stuff. For example, I've randomized the teams that are made up, I will be randomizing who will fall into what position, how the teams go on each challenge, this way not only does everyone not know who will win just like in the show, But even I don't know who will win until I randomize the very last challenge.

This keeps the suspense going and allows everyone to have a favourite team and hope thier favourite team will win.

Now for the math side so if your not interested just skip ahead until you see bold italic capitals to signal the end but this is where I'll explain how it works.

So obviously in randomizing everything, it seems like someone who should naturally be good at a challenge completely fucks it up.

For example, One team consisting of two people, One of them is very physically strong, And one is more endurance Strong. And let's say they start working on a strength based challenge. Examples in the past have been where teams would need to fill water buckets in Vietnam and carry the two buckets up the beach. The characters who I feel would be very physically strong, will have a +2 to thier name for the randomizer, Kind of like in a dungeons and dragons kind of way, Where as people who might be physically weak in a way will incur a negative 1.

So for example back to the team with a physically strong and an endurance strong, The physically strong will gain a plus 2, and the endurance strong will get a plus 1. Giving that team an overall plus 3 towards them completing the challenge. Which means they will have a high chance of completing the challenge in a fast and efficient way. Where as a team that might not be so physically strong, that might get a 0 bonus or even a minus 1 will obviously have a bit more of a hard time to complete the challenge.

But here's the kicker, Even though the team gets a negative 1, Because it's randomized, The negative 1 still could score higher than the physically strong team. This can give them a small bonus in the sense of they make it to the challenge faster, or they could find a more efficient way to complete the task. Another example when talking about the water buckets in Vietnam, One team member could be slower but hold two poles for a total of 4 buckets instead of just the one being 2.

Does that make a bit of sense? In case you were wondering how the random factor would come in.

Of course this is all done within the realm of how many teams are left, So I'd be rolling a D10 for example for each team, And then adding on bonus points for thier strength or intelligence. And then taking the total and putting them in order for how many teams are left, so if there are 8 teams left, there will be ranked from 1 to 8, 1 being in first place of course.

Believe me, it is going to make a lot more sense when it's done.

ALRIGHT THAT'S THE END OF THE MATH AND SPECIFICS! IF YOU READ THAT LEAVE A COMMENT ON HOW YOU THINK IT'S FAIR OR UNFAIR OR ANY SUGGESTIONS YOU GUYS THINK OF.

Now, Let me know you guys if you want to know about who the content creators are either here in this book or if you want me to do a chapter before starting the race, Introducing each content creator and each fan.

Of course the fans won't be shown with a face picture, but I will be giving names, thier occupation and back story, the creators are simple and easy. Thier face, Thier jobs and thier sub counts or follower counts. Which I will be changing to make them seem a lot bigger than they are, except for one, which I kept her original count.

Let me know what you think if you read all this.