Chapter 45

"Okay, maybe that was a little unnecessarily rough."

My eyes scanned over the video Jason had pulled up on Finn's laptop as the five of us sat on our couches eating pizza and drinking the beer Jason had bought for us. Benefits of a 24 year old best friend.

"Unnecessarily rough?" Kelsey asked in an incredulous voice. "You almost took Chad's head off. I mean, solid hit, but damn girl."

"Can you do that to my roommate?" Sam asked in wonder while staring at the ten second video on replay.

"Goalies don't typically get tackled. Especially if they're on the bench." Finn pointed out before taking a sip of the dark beer. His arm was draped over the couch while I leaned into his side, Sam sat on my right while Jason and Kelsey were on the leather loveseat to the left.

"No," Sam shook his head in rejection while gesturing at the screen with the neck of his beer bottle. "It doesn't have to be on the field. Just show up at my dorm and drop him like a sack of potatoes."

"What? So I get expelled?"

"You already got that whole Olympic thing going. Who needs college?" Jason shrugged.

"Says the man going for his masters."

"But on a serious note, Jessy said to tell you he was sorry. It looked like a solid hit." Sam said, bringing back the seriousness he had previously dissolved.

"Not just his fault. It's the refs." Kelsey commented while taking a bite of her pepperoni pizza and crossing her legs on the couch. "They see a 180lb guy knock the girl on her ass and they think it's fine because she just can't handle it. Then the 6 foot giant gets thrown a foot by the girl made of pure muscle and they think she's too aggressive all the sudden, when the same thing just happened to her."

"In Jessy's defense, he pushed me; I literally threw a shoulder like a bartering ram into Chad." I spoke up. Watching the video, it was clear to me now that the adrenaline was getting to me. Granted, the referee was a little unfair, but it was still borderline violent on that hit.

My phone buzzed while Jason shut the laptop and turned on ESPN to watch the highlights of the game. Why? I don't know. He just watched it live. Maybe he just wanted to see me get a yellow flag again. More than likely, knowing him.

I leaned forwards to snatch my phone of the glass coffee table before hitting the twitter notification on my screen.

TheRealMalfoy: I'm beginning to think I need to make an account dedicated to your fails. @Freemason #WreckedAndDecked

Attached was the clip of me getting tossed into the air and then onto my ass. The gif already had hundreds of likes and retweets and I couldn't help but roll my eyes. Is this what the next four years of my life looks like? I need new friends.

Freemason: An account with two clips? Not your brightest idea, @TheRealMalfoy #IdioticAndProud

I turned back to the television where Kelsey was turning up the volume. A second later my phone pinged twice again.

TheRealMalfoy: Three* #HitTooHard

Jason attached the gif of me ramming into Chad at full speed and getting a yellow card. I scoffed audibly and glanced at Jason who was already looking at me with a smirk. "Fuck you, Jason." I muttered under my breath, loud enough for everyone to hear.

NotFinley: It'd definitely have more than three videos if @ValentinoValentine and I had anything to say about it. @Freemason @TheRealMalfoy

"Fuck you too, Finn." I muttered. Sam probably had enough stupid videos of me to last a lifetime. Not to mention the stories he tells to embarrass me, Finn's sexcapade being his favorite.