Proposing-Dallas

For @boiitslaila24. Check her out!

PROPOSING

Dally's POV
It was already five in the afternoon. There was a thing in my mind that kept me thinking. Was it a good idea? Will she even say yes? The gang has been helping me out with this too. Who knows, maybe they'll mess this thing up too. But there was no way anything can go wrong. I mean, Laila, she beautiful, and one of a kind. Ever since I met her, she was something special.
"Ey, Dallas. You ready? Laila called saying she on her way t'the park."
"Uh is everything all set up, perfectly?"
Steve nodded.
I got up from the couch and motioned Johnny to come. The gang all ran out after us, some patting me on the back.
"Dally how you feel about this?" Soda asked.
"I don't know, man. I got this feeling in my gut that she might let me down."
Two-bit chuckled.
"Your Dallas Winston for Pete's sake. Ain't nobody let you down b'fore."
"Yeah Dal, don't worry a picnic wins every women's heart." Said Darry.
I shrugged hoping Two-Bit was right.

••

I sat on the ground, waiting for Laila. The gang was over at the play ground.
"Two-Bit back off. The beers for only me and Laila."
He sighed and ran off with the gang. Laila was here. She looked stunning. Better than ever. She walked over to me, frowned and smiled.
"What's all this about? Never knew you could be such a romantic guy."
I chuckled nervously. Hoping not to give a hint away.
"I can't do anything nice for my lovely girl."

••

I looked over to the big trees. Ponyboy was there and gave me a hint. The sunset was setting. Soda came behind and scared the boots out a'him. I chuckled, and then came to realization that I had a ring to give. I cleared my throat, and turned my attention to Laila.
"Laila, we've been together for almost two years. Ever since I met you, I already knew that you were the one. Man if it wasn't for you, I would've never gotten home safely. I sure was boozed that night. Anyways, I've loved you since that moment. You've cared for me. Loved me, and done so much more. I know I've done many things to let your trust on me go, but just know that I love you. Yeah, this is probably awkward coming from me, but
Laila Sofia Woods, will y'marry me?"
I got the ring out, and got on one knee. Waiting for her answer, she got up and gasped. She smiled and nodded.
"Oh Dally! I love you so much."
I smiled and kissed her passionately. The gang came out making Indian screeching and wolf noises. We backed away.
"I didn't know the gang was here."
I looked over to them and glared. Johnny shrugged.
"Yeah they-"
"We helped him out!" Yelled out Two-Bit.
She chuckled, shook her head, and gave me a peck on the lips.
"Should've known that you wouldn't do all of this with out them."
I laughed and watched as the gang came by to hug us both. After a few minutes, I grew impatient.
"Alright, enough of this lovely crap, let's go drink some beer, and celebrate."
Everyone laughed and yelled in agreement. I was happy that Laila agreed on marrying me. And I never knew that I would've end up with a wonderful person.
"Hey, Dal you coming?"
I looked over to Johnny and Ponyboy. Nothing could've ever hone worst. If it wasn't for the gang, I wouldn't be here celebrating my engagement. I smiled and nodded. I put both my arms around there shoulders and walked back to the Curtis's.

A/N
Hope you enjoyed my first. Remember if you want an imagine, message or comment on my INFORMATION chapter. Thank you!