第7章

QOTD; how old are you guys? *may be related to future chapter*

Jing Yi had already turned a deaf ear to Hao Ming, he would always say stuff to make her embarrassed and feel all weird. She continued eating her breakfast, and Hao Ming was just staring at her throughout. As though seeing her would make him feel full.

She placed her chopsticks on the edges of her bowl as she grabbed her handkerchief as she wipe the corners of her lips. She then got up, following her Hao Ming had also gotten up and intended to follow her. When she was eating and calming down, her ears and tails disappeared.

She stopped and turn to look at Hao Ming, "why are you following me?" She asked eyeing him up and down.

"Me? No way... this prince is just trying to leave the dining room cause i've eaten my fill." He shamelessly said as he walked in front of Jing Yi.

She rolled her eyes before she made her way back to her courtyard and Hao Ming seemed to be walking towards her courtyard too.

"Oh? Is Miss Jing Yi following me?" He asked as he abruptly stopped, causing Jing Yi who was not paying attention to crash into his chest. He smirked, "are you now throwing yourself to this prince? And i thought you didn't want to be my wife!"

Jing Yi was now annoyed at him, she pushed herself away from him and visibly frowned. "This way is to my courtyard, do you have any business with me!? And what throwing myself into your arms? You shameless pig!" She lashed out as though they were close friends and that he wasn't a prince.

The hidden guards that was following Hao Ming was shocked to say the least, no one had ever dared to talk to his master like this and if they did they are no longer here.

Poor little miss... they thought.

However contrary to what they thought would happen, Hao Ming had an amused look on his face as he stared at the annoyed Jing Yi. Jing Yi ignored him and walked away, Hao Ming followed after and walked side by side with her. The secret guards were all shocked, is this still the same Prince that slaughtered the entire Mings and wiped out their assassin organisation?

"Jing Yi, do you want to go to the festival with me?" Hao Ming asked as he casually took a seat in her room and pours himself a cup of tea.

Festival?

"They say its a festival but its more like overcoming the grief with the atmosphere. From around five in the evening to around eight there will be lots of games and fun things to do, and at eight thirty the people would head down to the river and pray for their lost one and mourn together." He explains as though hearing her thoughts.

Jing Yi was very intrigue by the festival, in her short time in the Mortal Realm she had wasted and devoted all her time to please and help Yue Long and had never experience such things called festival.

"It's really fun! We should go." Hao Ming added as he could see the reluctance in her eyes.

"En." Her face was beaming and a smile forms on her face showing how excited she is, her failed attempt to hide her emotion bought laughters to Hao Ming.

"I'll pick you up at five, get ready before that" he said as he got up and left her courtyard. Chen Yu had left with Hao Ming to do something, while Jing Yi was left alone at the manor.

"Si Yun, do you know where is the library?" Jing Yi asked, there were a lot of things that she is not sure of about the Mortal Realm and she wants to know more about them.

"Yes, this servant can take you there if you want." Seeing her lady nods her head, Si Yun helped Jing Yi up and bought her to the library. She left Jing Yi at the library as she went to the kitchen to grab some light snacks for her to snack on as she reads.

Jing Yi looked around the library as she picked up a book on the history of the kingdom. The current emperor went through a lot to take the throne, he had given up his true love, his youth to get on the throne. He was born from Consort Liu, and was very well liked by the previous Emperor.

However the Prince born from the Empress was a jealous man and often visited the brothel and was a well known play boy, angering the emperor. As the Emperor showered more love to his brother, Fu Ming he was jealous and attempted to kill him.

"and now, Fu Yue Long is the jealous brother that wants to kill Fu Hao Ming..." she sighs and shakes her head.

Remembering how Fu Hao Ming had passed away, what he had to suffer. She also remembered after returning from a war, he bought back a women who he fell in love with. Who eventually led him to his downfall...