Chapter 18

(A/N This chapter is completely in only Jungkook's point of view.)

Jungkook

Jungkook softly patted MinWoo's head before leaving the dark room, closing the door behind. The kids were so well-behaved, obediently getting into bed the second it struck nine thirty. MinWoo and SeoJun were allowed to sleep later, but they both chose to sleep all together, making Jungkook softly smile for the first time in what seemed like a long time. 

It was nearing ten, now, and Jungkook debated whether he should try to sleep in the cold bed, or just stay up all night like he had been the past few days. But before he could make a decision there were three sharp raps at the door which Jungkook immediately recognized to be Taehyung's. (None of the other Hyungs ever knocked except for Namjoon-Hyung who would always knock once, softly, afraid he'd create a dent in the door like he did last time.) 

Freezing in place, Jungkook's eyes darted nervously around as he mulled over his choices. He could pretend he was asleep and ignore the angel at the door, but it was still freezing outside especially at night, and he was almost certain that the elder probably wasn't wearing proper clothes for the weather. So groaning to himself, Jungkook stalked over to the door, and hesitantly opened it, sucking in his breath when he took in Taehyung, standing in front of him.

And what a sight for his sore, tired eyes. For once in his life, Taehyung was dressed for the weather, bundled up tightly in a scarf, thick hoodie, and an adorable beanie hat. Jungkook tried to keep the blank face up, but failed the second he saw the angel, looking so cuddly and soft he wanted to curl up in a corner and just cry. So he really couldn't help the way his expression immediately softened at one look at Taehyung.

"Jungkookie," Taehyung breathed, cheeks rosy and eyes filled with determination. 

"H-Hey, Hyung," Jungkook managed to stammer out.

"We need to talk." the older demanded, forcing his way inside.

Jungkook realized that this was the first time Taehyung had ever came to his dorm without asking first, unannounced, and part of his heart ripped open and started singing because he was so happy. He quickly masked the small grin that appeared on his face, trying to remain serious. 

Once the pair were settled in on the couch, a safe distance apart, Taehyung finally opened his mouth and began.

"You're avoiding me, and I don't like it." he stated firmly, staring straight at Jungkook in a way that made his heart race. (Then again, anything the elder did made his heart race.)

Jungkook's mouth gaped open at Taehyung's bluntness. 

"I-I'm not avoidi-" He immediately stopped when he took in the angel's pout.

"Y-Yeah, you are..." Taehyung murmured, confidence clearly lowering as he looked down and fiddled with his fingers nervously. 

Jungkook resisted the urge to just grab the elder in for a hug and whisper sweet words and apologies in his ear for acting like a complete jerk for the second time because if he let himself, things would go back to the beginning. He'd just be a friend who was confusing and mean and was forgiven. If Taehyung was brave enough to confront him like this, he realized he would need to gain some courage as well. 

"Hyung, I...yes, I was avoiding you."

"B-But it's because I was being stupid, again!" He quickly added when he saw Taehyung's face fall.

"I...I was..." Jungkook took a deep breath before he opened his mouth to finally say it.

"Hyung, I was jealous."

Jungkook gazed at Taehyung, waiting for some sort of reaction. The elder's eyes were blown wide open and his lips parted slightly in surprise.

"I-I don't understand...? W-why would you...huh?"

Jungkook smiled softly as he realized he'd have to blatantly spell it out for Taehyung to understand what he was saying.

"Hyung, I was jealous of you and MinJae."

Jungkook watched on with exasperation as instead of putting two and two together, his Hyung's expression simply grew more confused.

"B-But why? Why would you..."

"Kim Taehyung. I like you. Ever since the first time I met you, no the first time I heard your voice I was attracted to you. And once I found out you were so, so much more than just a beautiful face, but you were also kind, bright, and just angelic I found myself falling deeper and deeper until I had carved a Taehyungie Hyung shaped hole in my heart. I was jealous of you and MinJae because I couldn't keep you to myself since we weren't officially together or anything. And I understand if you don't feel the same wa-"

Taehyung had been silent the entire speech Jungkook was giving, but the moment he began to grow a little insecure about how silent his Hyung was, and mentioned the one-sidedness of his crush, Taehyung immediately held up a hand to shush him.

"W-whoa, wait. So you're telling me that you, Jeon Jungkook who is two years younger than me but is a billionaire and is perfect in every way, likes...me??"

Jungkook sighed. Of course Taehyung wouldn't just accept it. Gathering up the last ounce of his courage, he took the elder's hand in his own and pressed a soft kiss to it.

"Yes, angel, I like you. No, I love you."

Jungkook watched with alarm as tears began to fill his angel's eyes, trickling down his golden skin.

"H-Hyung??"

"Y-You can't j-just say something like that Jungkookie, it's unfair!" He exclaimed, burying his face into his knees.

"But I can't help the truth." Jungkook replied.

"I-I love you too, Gguk-ah." He could barely hear his angel murmur.

Jungkook froze at the sudden confession and he simply stared at the clearly embarrassed elder.

"You're serious? You're not joking, right??" he desperately asked.

The moment Taehyung confirmed it with a small nod, Jungkook's face ripped out in a grin as he took a hold of his angel and brought him into a bone-crushing hug, falling on his back with Taehyung on top of him, burying his head in Jungkook's chest to most likely hide his blush.

Jungkook tightened his grip around the elder's waist, nuzzling into his hair.

"Baby, I'm sorry I avoided you," he murmured into Taehyung's ear.

Jungkook chuckled when he saw his angel whine a little in embarrasment.

"B-baby??"

"Do you not like it?"

"N-No, I do..."

It felt nice, not having to supress the wide grin, or the plethora of soft kisses he attacked his Hyung with on his head. It felt nice knowing that he didn't need to hold back. That when he wanted to scream how much he loved Kim Taehyung, he could now.

"U-um...Jungkookie?"

Jungkook looked down at Taehyung who had finally lifted his head, cheeks still slightly damp from the tears and the prettiest blush on his cheeks.

"Yeah, baby?"

"Are we like...t-together now then? A-are you my boyfriend?"

"Yes, angel, I am." He cooed at his angel's innocence.

When Taehyung lips curled into a small, closed-mouth smile, Jungkook didn't bother going against his self-control and bent his head down to press a light, chaste kiss on the elder's lips as his heart brimmed with so much love it was overflowing.

So this was what it was like to have an adorable angel like Kim Taehyung as his own.