Epilogue

Give this some love with your votes and comments because who doesn't love a good epilogue?? ;)

Voldemort stood under the shadow of the night sky. The house that stood before him was a quaint cottage in the village of Puddlemere, just west of London. He peered into the window to see two small girls with dark ringlet curls dancing in the living room of the house, their dressing gowns twirling about as they spun, hand in hand. They couldn't have been any older than five or six, he thought to himself.

He tore his eyes away from the two girls at the sound of a voice. A woman had entered the room. Her dark hair was pulled back and she wore a pale blue dress with a cream colored apron tied around her waist.

She was older than Voldemort remembered her, but the pale blue she wore brought on a flood of memories. Memories from a time he had been known by a different name. Her features had changed ever so slightly over the twelve years they had been a part. But the smile that was painted on her face hadn't aged a day.

"And just what do you two think you're doing out of bed?" She was standing with her hands on her hips, looking down expectantly at the young girls. She paused, her face stern for a moment before softening, that timeless smile gracing her lips once again. "Well go on then, off to bed you two." She shooed them out of the room and the two girls scurried down the hall.

Voldemort watched as the woman went to work picking up the stray toys that had been played with throughout the day. His eyes were torn away from his subject once again when a man entered the room. He was tall, with blonde hair and ordinary features. The man approached the woman from behind and wrapped his arms around her slender waist.

"Come to bed darling, this can wait until morning," he said, planting a kiss on her cheek. The woman clasped the man's hands in her own and gave them a squeeze.

"I'm almost finished dear, you go on." He gave her a peck on the lips before disappearing down the hallway. She went back to work picking up the various items that were strewn about the room, placing all of them in a chest in the corner once she was finished. She stood there, hands on her hips, as she admired her work.

Voldemort watched her every movement. She was different than the girl he had left so many years ago, but somehow she was completely the same. Her mannerisms, her smile, the way she subtly tucked that one stray curl behind her ear. They were the same now as they had been the night he had left Ellison Pennifold.

He had decided he wouldn't look back when he left, and he hadn't. It would be easier that way, he had told himself. A clean break. He had known his time with her had been coming to an end, and he wouldn't have dared ask her to accompany him down the path he would take. Besides, she wouldn't have agreed even if he had asked. They were destined for different things. Tom had known that before he had allowed his feelings for her to take over. He had known how it would end. Her heart would be broken, but she would move on ... she was strong that way. She would meet someone. Make a life for herself. And he... He would become the most powerful wizard of all time, with nothing holding him back.