Part 5

"Wrong! Do it again," I ordered, crossing my arms after giving Taehyung his notebook.

He groaned loudly. "Again? I thought I got it right this time," he pouted, looking over his work.

After forming our friendship, he showed me his study room. I insisted him to do his lessons while I was roaming around, and when I came back to check his works, most of them were wrong. So, here we were, me tutoring him and him pouting at his mistakes like a baby. I couldn't help but giggle sometimes.

"Were you a teacher before you lost your memories? How do you know all these stuff so well?" He was amazed.

I chuckled, "Maybe. I guess my knowledge is still there."

He focused on his work.

I was sitting across from him and I just quietly watched him concentrate.

He would occasionally bite or lick his lips. He did it cutely, of course, but it still looked seductive.

Ugh...
Begone weird thoughts.

"Staring is rude, Violet." I got startled and jumped on my seat. "Like what you see?" He smirked.

"W-Who would li- I mean, I wasn't staring," I fidgeted and turned away.

He laughed amused and pushed his notebook to me, "Sure."

"Who even licks their lips every five minutes. Are your lips that parched all the time or what?" I rolled my eyes and proceeded to review his works.

"Just a habit," he shrugged.

I marked his notebook and gave it back to him with a lopsided grin, "Nice work, there's only one careless mistake there. You're a fast learner."

He tried to hold back a huge smile and pursed his lips, being shy because of the compliment. "It's thanks to you."

I rubbed the back of my neck and hummed.

"Well, since you're all good now, I better go clean the bookshelves," I got up, fixing my uniform.

He looked up at me with puppy eyes but then faced downwards and sighed, "Okay."

My mouth curved into a smile and I left the room. As soon as I closed the door and turned around, I came face to face with Amy.

"Sweet mother of-," she screamed. "What are you doing here?"

I almost screamed as well. My heart almost jumped out of my chest. "I- well... I was helping Ta- the prince with his lessons."

I looked over at her hands. She was holding a tray with tea and some dishes. I figured that she delivered Taehyung his lunch during this hour.

She crinkled her forehead. "I thought you were on cleaning duty," she frowned.

"Yeah, I am going there right now," I slipped around her and ran towards the shelves.

Did I do something wrong? She looked at me as if I did...

⚜️⚜️⚜️

It was dinner time.

I was so tired after dusting off thousands of shelves and sorting millions of books. And to think that I thought it would be such an 'entertaining' activity. Even the chandelier looked more interesting.

I arrived to the dinner hall for the maids since I didn't have to attend the royal family this time.

"Violet, over here!" Xiao shouted. I chortled and walked over to her table. She already got me my meal.

"So how was your day? Mine was so boring. I had to pack the king and queen's luggages. You would THINK that the queen would have tons of jewelry," she sighed disappointed.

I was surprised. "She doesn't?"

She chewed some of her food, "No, she would use that money for the residents of the kingdom instead."

I hummed in awe.

"My day was boring, too. Cleaning the library was worse than I expected," I reported.

"Liar. Tell me what really happened. The prince's study room's in there, right? I saw how he looked at you," she nudged me, smirking.

I choked on my food and coughed, "I just helped his studies and nothing else happened."

She looked disappointed.

"Well, we also became friends?" I cowered.

"Oh?" Her eyes lit up. "Being friends is one way to start a relationship."

"Nonsense. We will stay as friends and nothing more." My heart ached a little when those words left my mouth. "Besides, I don't think there's such a thing like a royalty being in a relationship with a servant or a peasant."

She sighed, "Well, if that's what you want."

⚜️⚜️⚜️

I was laying in my bed, trying to sleep. The king and queen already left for a diplomatic meeting with the neighboring kingdom whose name I already forgot.

I suddenly remembered the kingdom I read in the library. Its name was... Roweth?

Thinking about that name, I felt despair. Such a melancholic feeling...

"Maybe it's the kingdom I came from," I wondered.

But if it was where my home was, shouldn't I be yearning to go back?

I definitely didn't feel that way. In fact, I wanted to get far away from that place and to never hear of its name ever.

I turned to my left side and hugged the blanket.

What if I didn't want to regain my memories?

To be continued...

A/N: Should I go fast-paced or slow-paced? 🤔

Thank you for reading and please don't forget to vote if you liked this chapter 💕