Prologue

9 years earlier.

Zelda Pearson's POV

I rushed downstairs, abandoning my gummy bears as soon as I heard the engine of Mason's car, with a grin on my face. Happy that he finally came from his three-days-long trip.

I missed him dearly.

He was the only person who loved me the way I was after my family of course. I was a little bit overweight, and due to that tiny detail people avoided me like a plague.

He was the only one to approach and talk to me like an actual person. I respected him for that, and still do.

Only people like him, the pure hearted ones deserved love, my love, or so I thought.

Macy, the head maid whom I really like gave me a knowing look with a smile. "Careful with the stairs!" She came rushing to my aid as I almost tripped.

"How many times do I need to tell you not run down the stairs. What if you tripped? That would be danger-" I cut her off before she could continue. I knew once she started, it would be difficult to reign her desire to speak.

"I'm fine, Macy!" I smiled at her. "I was just too excited to see Mason after all those days that I wasn't careful with my steps." I finished

She smiled sadly at me. "I really wish he would see the diamond before him instead of searching and collecting coal." she said mysteriously.

"What are you talking about?" I asked confused.

"I truly wish he does before it's too late." She replied in the same manner.

I was about to ask her who she meant when the doorbell rung. I knew it was Mason, so I run to answer it before one of the maids did.

As I reached the door, I was trying to contain my erratically-beating heart before it burst out of my rib cage.

I opened the door with a grin, but it soon fell when I saw the bitch Julienne, his PA.

I knew she had her eyes on my husband, and I didn't like it one bit, despite being sure that Mason had his eyes only on me.

I was about to hug and kiss him as I usually do when he comes from his trips, but he beat me to it.

"Come to my office, we need to talk." he said with a tone I've never seen him use. Not on me at least, and that made me anxious.

I just nodded as he went away with her trailing behind him like a lost puppy, and I went to the kitchen first to bring them something to drink.

When I entered the office I was shocked when I saw he was kissing her, with passion at that too. Something snapped in me, and I dropped the drinks before I slammed the door shut with a force I was unaware I possessed.

I glared at them both with fury bubbling in my veins.

"What was that scene I just witnessed?" I asked him with icy cold tone. They both looked taken aback for seeing me acting like this, and I don't blame them, even I was shocked myself that I could even master up such coldness, such hatred.

"What do you mean?" He asked after he recovered.

"Oh, honey drop the act already. She already saw us, there is no need to pretend anymore. What you just saw is true, we are together." Said the bitch while taking his hands in hers, and he didn't make a move to remove it.

I didn't even give her a glance. I kept my gaze trained on Mason while he did the same until I broke it to look at their intertwined hands.

"Is that the work you had to attend to, every now and then?" I asked him bitterly. The bitch was about to reply again before I beat her to it raising my hand, and glaring daggers at her, daring her to speak.