Chapter 17

My eyes slowly fluttered open as i awoke from my sleep, blinking away the slight fuzz from my vision. I winced ever so softly, my eyes adjusting to the light shining in through the window. 

     I looked over, seeing Jungkook asleep in the chair next to me as i still clutched his hand close to my chest. He really was still here with me. My eyes traced his features as i looked up at him, gently running my thumb over his knuckle.

     I held his hand closer, reaching my free hand up as i ran my fingers through his soft brown hair before delicately running the tip of my fingers over his features. I gently traced his eye brows, then his eyes and nose before tracing his lips.

     Out of the boys, i've known Jungkook the longest, we had grown up in the same apartment building and once we were 18 instead of moving out we just rented an apartment together. I had known Jungkook for 4 years before he had met the others. One by one they came into our life and the 8 of us had a bond that was unlike any other.

     We were family.

     We were always there for each other, there was a genuine connection between all of us that was irreplaceable.

     I had known yoongi for 3 years before we started dating, i was happy. He would make me breakfast in bed, and set hot baths for me every night. He was romantic, and quite the charmer. He always loved with his full heart, and he protected those he called family. And after dating for 5 years he asked me to marry him.

     And i said yes.

     Of all things the engagement brought us closer, not farther apart. It made our family-like bond only that much stronger.

     Jungkook was always supportive of me and Yoongi, he would force us out of the house to go to cute dates, and he helped me when we were planning our wedding so that i didn't get stressed. He helped me pick out my dress and even taught me how to dance, just for my wedding day.

     My wedding day was one to remember. We had a private wedding, the only ones there being us 8 and our immediate family. It was perfect to me.

     My favorite part of my wedding wasn't the cake, or the dress, but the dances. I got to dance with each of the boys, and i loved it. Each dance was intimate and special all on its own, each dance having a characteristic that was perfect for me and that specific person.

     Namjoons dance was gentle, he smiled softly and he wished me the best of luck with Yoongi. Namjoon had always looked at me like a daughter; in fact, hes the one who walked me down the aisle. Whenever me and Yoongi hit a bump, Namjoon was always the first one there to offer us advice to help us overcome whatever problem we had.

     Jins was full of love, he gave me tips on marriage and he offered so much help and support. Namjoon and Jin were always like parents to me, and they had the relationship that i strived to have. You see, Jinie and Namjoonie had been married for 5 years when me and Yoongi got married; we had always admired them and tried our best to build a marriage as secure as theirs.

     Hoseok and Taehyungs dances were quirky on their own, they consisted of smiles and laughter. They were beyond happy to hear that i would be marrying Yoongi, i mean every time i even said Yoongis name i would hear Tae begin to giggle.

     Tae held me closely in his arms, smiling ear to ear as we shared silly memories with each other. He reminded me of the first time i confessed to him that i had liked Yoongi, and reminded me of the first time i had spent the night with the 8 of them. I couldnt help but smile and laugh the entire time.

     Hoseok smiled as he practically carried me. I had told him that while Jungkook taught me to dance, i wasnt quite confident and i was afraid that i would trip on my dress or my own feet. Within an instant he was practically carrying me while he swayed side to side. 

     Jimin was sweet, i was always like a big sister to him, despite the fact that i was a year younger then him. He had helped me decorate the room and i remember he kept offering snacks to me because he was worried i wouldn't eat.

I looked up at Jungkook as i brushed his hair out of his face, tears of happiness welling in my eyes as i thought about my wedding day.