• thirty-five •

Hoseok could sometimes get too caught up in someone's good parts that he ignored the bad things. That was what had happened with Hana. His girlfriend of only two months now. Things had been going great and she seemed perfect, gorgeous. Hoseok had gotten so caught up in this woman's sweet smile and goofy jokes that he neglected to acknowledge how borderline controlling she was, how much she invaded his privacy. It was only this morning after he'd caught her snooping through his phone (how she got the password he was unsure) and she'd then tried to convince him to quit his work and instead move from Seoul to Ulsan (her hometown) did he finally acknowledge how . . . unattractive she was.

So, Hoseok had done what most people would and decided to break up with her. Besides, his attention was being too easily distracted with other women. Why would he stay with her if he couldn't remain loyal? That'd just be a terrible thing to do.

Hana hadn't taken the break up lightly and had broken into a rage. She started screaming profanities and insults at Hoseok. When she realised he wasn't too bothered by that, she started throwing things. Initially it was pillows and clothes from the bedroom floor before she escalated to running into the kitchen and getting his plates. She threw a few at him before deciding she'd rather just ruin all his bowls, plates and porcelain cups.

That was when Hoseok tried to get her out but she fought back like some animal, screaming and clawing at him. It became a fight between the two - Hana fighting to keep trashing the place while Hoseok fought to save what was left of his plates. Eventually, the man decided he needed to call in help, so dialled Taehyung's number. He didn't want to call the police. Hana may be crazy but he didn't want her going to jail or something.

And here they are – Hoseok and Taehyung trying to calm down a now hysterically crying Hana. She was still clawing at the boys but at least she wasn't throwing things around.

"All men are the same," Hana sobbed as she pointed an accusing finger at Hoseok, "you just used me you scum. You, you pig."

Hoseok had learnt to ignore people's hateful words. After years of having to endure highschool, make it through the competitive industry of dance and face parents who weren't quite satisfied with what their kids were doing (at recitals and such), Hoseok was pretty familiar with being insulted. He'd learnt to not take it personally a long time ago.

"Hana, just go home," Hoseok sighed as he pinched the bridge of his nose. The woman didn't appreciate his disinterested behaviour and shot up from where she was sat on the porcelain covered kitchen floor.

"Fuck you!" The woman screamed, about to grab a knife but Taehyung acted quickly. He grabbed the back of the woman's shirt and pulled her back. In response, Hana turned around to try and throw a punch at Taehyung who easily dodged it.

Hana pulled herself out of Tae's grip.

"Look here you dick," Hana gave Hoseok a glare that could send most people six feet under, "I fucking hate you. Ok? I hope you burn go to hell. Good luck trying to ever find someone better than me!"

And with that, the woman picked up her purse and started to march out of the house. When she threw open the front door, she looked over her shoulder and spat a few more insults, a couple even directed towards Taehyung, before making her exit. The door being slammed shut echoed through the now trashed house.

Hoseok leaned back on the wall, running his hands down his face, "well, that could have gone better."

"You have terrible taste in women," Taehyung mumbled as he looked around the house. It had definitely seen better days. Especially the poor kitchen.

Taehyung's phone buzzed in his pocket. It had been buzzing the entire time actually, but the boy had just been so focused on the hysterical woman that he hadn't noticed until now. Upon looking at the screen, the man cursed under his breath. Beside the several missed calls from Jungkook, there were messages from Jin telling Tae that he should probably check in with his boyfriend.

He ran out of the house without saying anything to Hoseok and headed straight to the car. He pulled open the door and his heart felt like it broke a little upon seeing how Jungkook jumped in his seat, shrinking away. His head was buried between his legs and hands were over his ears.

"Baby boy," Tae softly called out to which Jungkook hesitantly looked up. Upon catching sight of his caregiver, Jungkook practically lunged across the car and into Tae's arms.

"S – scary lady Daddy," Jungkook clutched Tae's shirt and buried his face into the crook of the mans neck, "lots of n – naughty words."

Tae wrapped his arms tightly around the boy, "I know baby. She's gone now."

"Why you leave me – me alone?" Jungkook hiccupped, "I was so scared Daddy."

Tae sat down on the car seat, pushing open the door a little more with his foot. One of his hands rubbed soothing circles on Jungkook's lower back while the other gently played with his hair, helping to relax the crying boy.

"I'm sorry," Tae softly spoke, "Hobi needed help and I didn't want you to come inside because you might have gotten hurt."

Jungkook lifted his head up, "Hobi should ask someone else for help."

Tae lightly laughed at the comment as he wiped the tears away from his baby boys cheeks, "it's safe now, I promise."

"Did you get hurt?" Jungkook asked, hands suddenly getting tighter on Tae's shoulders.

"I'm fine," Tae reassured to which Jungkook visibly relaxed, grip loosening and shoulders slowly slumping down. He dropped his head back onto Tae's chest, letting out a deep sigh of relief now that the wave of anxiety had passed.

"You know I would never let anyone hurt you," Tae whispered into the boy's hair.

Jungkook nodded his head with a yawn, eyelids beginning to get heavy. After crying and stressing so much he just wanted to take a nap.

"Sleepy," was all the boy said before his eyes slid shut.