Chapter 18

I held Jungkooks hands as i remember my dance with him, smiling softly as i thought about it.

     He had walked over, taking the wine glass out of my hands and set it down on the table in front of me, smiling as he pulled me out to the dance floor. I wrapped my arms around his shoulders as he wrapped his arms around my waist, holding me close as he begun to slow dance.

     It was silent, and neither of us said anything, but it was one of the most memorable moments of my wedding day. I had nuzzled into his neck as we slow danced, relaxing in each others embrace as the music played softly in the room. 

     He was always right there, right there to hold me close and comfort me; But he was always right there just to relax and have fun too. I grew up with Jungkook, he was always right there to support me, and help me do anything i wanted to do. And even all those years later, he was still right there, dancing with me on my wedding night.

     And here i am now, in a hospital room after going missing for years; and Jungkook is still by my side.

     I felt the knot in my neck start to grow as i held his hand, looking up at him. He was always here. Things like mood or location didnt matter to Jungkook, If i needed him he would travel half way across the country to make sure he was with me. 

     Even on my wedding day he moved mountains for me.

     He had helped me get ready, helping me with my veil, and chuckling when i struggled to put on my shoes due to the fact that i couldnt see or reach my own feet. He helped calm my nerves when i had nearly cried minutes before i had to walk down the hall.

     He held me close on that dance floor, his eyes closed as he hummed softly along with the music. I closed my eyes, nuzzled warmly into his neck as we dance slowly.

     He raised his head, softly whispering into my ear as he held me.

     "I'm beyond proud of you Y/n. Yoongi is truly, truly a lucky man to have such a woman at his side." 

     He held me closer, whispering soft blessings to me, congratulating me on my wedding, and my success in my relationship.

     In that moment, it wasnt my wedding, it was just me and him; as if the room were silent and empty.  I hugged him tightly, smiling and shedding a few tears of happiness as we danced together.

     But now, as i lay in my hospital bed, shedding tears of my wedding day, they are no longer of happiness.

     I had lost my husband, i had lost some of the people that were most imporant to me.

    But most importantly to me, in that moment, i was not dancing with Jungkook; i was dancing with the man i should have married. 

     Memories ran through my mind, all the times when Jungkook was here, and Yoongi wasnt. All those times I cried and Jungkook comforted me, and Yoongi didnt. On my wedding night when i said i do to Yoongi, but i looked in Jungkooks eyes while he smiled back to me.

     I sobbed silently as i clutched Jungkooks hand close to my heart, having been sobbing too hard to notice that he had awoken from my tight grip.

     "..y/n..?" Jungkook whispered softly. I looked into his eyes, gasping softly for air as i choked on uncontrollably sobs.

     Without a moment or question Jungkook had sat up, wrapping his arms lovinly and protectively around me as he held me close to his chest.

     "Shhh, shh you're okay. I'm here, i'm right here y/n.. its okay." Jungkook whispered softly, trying to comfort me as i sobbed into his chest.

     I love you Jungkook, i love you more then anything.

     Please dont ever let me go.