23

P.S.: That's sunbae ;)

Your POV:

"Ah!"

"Ddo wae iirae? (What's wrong now?)," Minjoo unnie said, irritated.

I pouted. "The button came loose," I said. "See, this is Heaven's way of telling me to skip school today."

Pursing her lips, she picked up the sewing kit and walked towards me.

"Unnie!!," I protested.

"Shikkeureo! (Shut up)," and she started sewing the damn button on again.

"Why are you doing this? Skipping school would only give me more time to focus on our debut~."

She cut the thread with her teeth and smiled at me. "You've already missed a lot during... all the mess. And you need to graduate as a valedictorian. I don't want you to change anything because of all this unfortunate stuff. Don't let it change you or your preferences. Do you think I don't know why you suddenly want to skip school? When you're always worried about your lectures and homework?"

Damn it, woman. You hit me right in my feels. You aren't even my bitchy conscience.

But deep down I knew she was right.

I knew people would be whispering when they saw me in school....

....and the fact I'd have to ride with Jungkook.

"..."

"Running away would only make others feel like they're important enough for you to avoid them. And that's not the case, right?," she looked at me meaningfully.

And I remembered my vow to not let Jungkook affect me.

I wanted to hit myself for concocting ways to avoid seeing him when he shouldn't even bother me.

Like I didn't bother him at all.

"I don't know what I'd do without you, unnie," I said, feeling all emo.

"If you cry now, I'm going to whoop your ass up and STILL make you go to school."

And I laughed.

I finally laughed.

Then hugged her tightly enough to squeeze a fart or two out of her.

When I got out, the black van was already waiting for me.

I looked around to see if Jungkook was there but he wasn't.

He either wasn't going to school...

...or he was already in the van.

There was no way to tell as the windows were all as black as my future.

Taking a deep breath, I walked towards the van.

Just as I opened the door, my phone rang.

"Hello?," I said, standing with the door of the van open.

My breath hitched when I saw Jungkook seated with his eyes closed.

"Oh, sunbae. Nae?? (What?)," I said, shocked.

"What? Is it wrong for me to want to pick my girlfriend up?," he chuckled.

"Um..," I felt embarrassed for having forgotten I had a boyfriend.