Chapter 116: God Damn Right You Should Be Scared of Me

Each time the virus took hold of Tasha, its grip on her grew stronger

Each time the virus took hold of Tasha, its grip on her grew stronger. It had grown to the point where Rogue could now inhabit the mind for longer period of time. At first it was a minute or two, but it had risen to just under an hour. She had just under an hour to eliminate Markus before Tasha would be able to take hold again.

As Rogue walked into Jericho 2.0, she did her best to look upset, imitating the tragic parts of Tasha easily. As soon as she entered the building she was met by North, who immediately ran up to her.

"Tasha? What's wrong?"

"North!" Rogue sobbed as she hugged her. "It's so awful!"

"What happened?! Who do I have to fuck up?!"

"Connor, he—"

"Tasha."

Markus had sensed Tasha's presence and immediately came to her aid. When North pulled away he hugged Tasha. "What's wrong?"

Rogue sobbed, faking that she couldn't talk. North went off to fetch her some water while Markus brought her into a large, empty room.

"What happened?"

"It's Connor — he, he had his hands all over some random Android!"

"What?" Markus asked in shock. "That doesn't sound like Connor — he loves you."

Her eyes stared at him blankly. It was like she wasn't present in her own mind.

Tasha leaned up, pressing her lips against his gently. Markus grabbed onto her arms, pushing her away slightly.

"Tasha, what's gotten into you?" Markus stared at her with wide eyes.

"Is it bad to know what I want?" Tasha smirked, her eyes glinting innocently up at him.

"This isn't you..."

Tasha sighed, rolling her eyes in annoyance.

"You're right. It isn't me."

Before Tasha could do anything, a door slammed wide open.

"Tasha, stop!" Connor yells as he runs into the room with Hank and Gavin following close behind. North had also just arrived with the water she took forever to bring.

"Connor?" Markus looked at Connor, confused. "Can you explain to me why Tasha seems to think—?"

"Markus, get back. Tasha isn't —"

Connor's words are cut off by laughing. Tasha has her back to them, her head down.her laughing stops.

her laughing stops