024

"So about knots...."  

Se Ju had the decency to blush. "What do you want to know?"

It's a little past elven. Randall and little Blue had left hours ago and Se Ju had stayed in their stead. Michel and Gabriel were still with Erik, doing what? Cobie doesn't know. He had taken the time ot research an ask as much questions as possible.

"It just swells and locks you there? With your mate?"

Se Ju scratched the back of his neck. "Not lock per say. Linked is the right word to use. It's happens when every part of our body is in tune, in sync. Your head and your heart. It only happens between Alphas and Omegas, Sometimes Alphas and Betas, as well as true mates."

Cobie looks back at the book in his hand. Thankfully, there weren't drawn or printed images in it. The author had described it, had really gone into detail about it.

"So it can happen if you aren't real mates?"

"What do you mean?" Se Ju asks.

"Erik and I feel the pull. We both know we are mates. What about people who don't feel the pull, who just fall in love or something?"

"Like I said, it just about finding the right person. Unlike you and Erik, other wolves date. Just like the humans, we date until we find the right person. The one person that makes you decide to settle down. If sex occurs before the mating ritual, the knot doesn't happen."

"So it's regular sex when dating but once you are marked, boom! Knots everywhere?" Cobie asked, his eyes wide in awe.

Se Ju couldn't help but chuckle. "Yeah, something like that."

"Is that what happened between you and Randall?" Cobie blurts out before he could stop himself. Se Ju stared at him with wide eyes. The Alpha stands up from the chair like he had been burnt and practically ran out of the room. Cobie stared at the space where the doctor was, his mouth opened a little in surprise.

Yeah, maybe he shouldn't have asked that.

He closed the book he was reading, Amongst Wolves, and placed it on the bedside table. He gets off the bed and made his way to the bathroom to wash his face. When he was done, he changed into a pair of pyjama bottoms and a loose white shirt. He switched off the lights and made his way to the bed.

Tomorrow was the full moon.

He had never spent the full moon with wolves before and was kinda excited about it. He pulls his phone out from underneath the duvet and pressed the home button. He had a new message.

From Unknown: See you soon. –c.

--