11. Bedroom in Arles

1 1

The morning after, was the morning I woke up in my own bed with the sheets wrapped around me tightly. It was also the morning a loud thump echoed inside the room, ripping apart the dream I forgot the moment I woke up.

Luckily enough, my eyes struggle but are able to find the energy to open and I'm greeted with none other than Haru running around the apartment like a headless chicken.

Her brown hair was a mess, tied up in what was supposed to be a ponytail. Dressed in nothing but plain shorts and a white tank top, she wore a single black sock on her left foot, the other one probably hiding somewhere under the bed.

Long huffs were pushed out by her lungs as her hand held her favorite mug with a cute cat drawn on it. Thankfully it was empty, the much-needed coffee now running through her veins instead of being spilled on the carpeted floor.

"What in the world are you doing?" Groggily, I push myself up, having my eyes half opened as I carefully follow her every move.

"Glasses", she says, "I can't find my damn glasses." Her other, free hand, rummages around the clothes left on the very edge of her messy bed.

Pushing the covers away from my body, I glance around the room, sleep still hanging onto me. "Have you checked the drawers? Or the night table?"

"Aha, and it's definitely not there." She immediately responds, throwing things to find her second pair of eyes as fast as humanly possible.

Slowly but steady, I get up, bare feet dragging against the beige rug as I glance around for my small bag. Maybe I've removed the glasses when leaving my things after last night's date.

When I finally reach my destination, I am face to face with an empty table. Pure dread wraps its hands around my body when realization hits me – I haven't brought my bag with me. I have left it at Taehyung's house.

On his very own kitchen counter.

I can see it so vividly, damn. Of course I'd forget about it the moment I had been introduced to his wine cellar and a breathtaking gallery.

"Shit, shit, shit." Haru sings in sync with my thoughts, tugging on her jeans as her other hand grabs a granola bar out of the drawer. "I'm running late."

"Where to?" I ask, my eyes in search for my bag, a small amount of hope dancing in the back of my mind.

She doesn't even look at me as a second granola bar had been squeezed in between her teeth. "Bioloshy clash", she takes out the unwrapped bar out of her mouth to form clear words, "professor Minnie is going to kill me if I don't bring my last week's assignment."

And I stare at the grey clock on her nightstand, ten thirty now ticking slowly.

Gasp.

I am late for class.

But my limbs don't move as the brain I unfortunately owned has a policy of his own – why run now? I'm already late anyway so might as well enjoy the rest of the day and just simply ditch.

"You don't have class today?"

"I'm ditching", it sounds more like an understatement than a decision. "I have something else to do."

Eyes piercing through me, a sly smile form Haru's thin cherry tinted lips and I know she read me like a book. "Is that something else about your mysterious date last night?"

Immediately frozen in place, I share a weak, shy smile as I scratch the back of my hand.

"Ah, not really." I lied. "I need to visit Jungkook today after his practice, as promised."