Secret Admirer [Newt AU]

You walk to your locker to put your stuff away and get out your books for class. You open it up to find yet another note on your door.

Dearest Y/N,

Your eyes sparkle brighter than the sun. I can't imagine a way I could be happy without you in my life. So smile today, it looks good on you. 

Kiss me if I'm wrong but, dinosaurs still exist right?

You giggle at the pickup line at the bottom. Whoever wrote these always put a cute drawing or some funny pickup line at the bottom of every note.  Yesterday's note had a bowl of larb saying I LARB you <3. (A/N Spider-Man reference anyone?) You fold it and put in your pocket, and head off to class with your stuff. 

You couldn't help but think about who spent the time writing notes every day for you. You weren't anything special. At least you didn't think so. Anyway you were distracted all morning thinking of who your secret admirer could be.

You go to lunch after history class and you sit with your only friends, Newt and Y/BF/N (Your best friend's name). "Hey guys!" You say as you sit down. "Did you get another one today?" Y/BF/N asks. "Mmhm." You reply sliding the note over. 

"Awe that's so cute!" She says, "Smooth pickup line at the bottom too." She giggles. 

"I'm so mad though." You tell them. Newt looks up from his food and quickly asks "What? Why?"

"Cause he won't tell me who he is! I mean come on sir. I love the notes, they make me smile, but ugh!" You hit your fists on the table lightly, "Tell me who you are!"

"I think he's just too scared to approach a hot girl like you." Y/BF/N says laughing. You look down and laugh lightly, "Shut up." You notice Newt went quiet, but you shrug it off. You all joke around until the bell rings for class. 

After school you meet Newt at the bus stop and nudge his shoulder.

"Hey, you're coming over to work on homework right?"

"Yeah of course."

"Good because I have a new math assignment that I have NO idea how to do whatsoever."

Newt chuckles and just then the bus turns the corner.

When you both get back to your house you head straight up into your room and close the door.

"Okay," Newt starts plopping down on your bed. "What do we do first?"

"Math definitely." you say laughing.

- time skip -

"Ugh." You sigh. "We've been doing this for hours. Can we stop?"

"It's literally been half an hour Y/N." Newt responds.

"I know but its so booooring." You complain.

"Fine," Newt says with a cheeky grin, "But don't blame me when you fail the quiz tomorrow."

"I can live with that." You reply.

You sit around and talk for a bit until Newt stops and a serious look replaces his normally happy face.

"Y/N, I've been meaning to tell you something for a while."

"Ok. Shoot." You respond.

"Okay. Well, I don't really know how to say this but whatever. I...ugh I'm sorry I'm really nervous."

"No its fine, take your time."

He takes a deep breath and the words come out.

"I'm the one who wrote the notes."

"What?" you heard what he said. But you had to hear him say it again.

"It's me. I'm the secret admirer."

A look of shock passes over your face but is quickly replaced by a stoic expression. 

You begin to lean closer to him on the bed. You start to crawl over to him slowly.

"Y/N?" He stutters out.

You lean right up to his face and whisper with a smirk on your face,

"Kiss me if I'm wrong, but dinosaurs still exist right?"

Newt smiles his crooked smile and connects your lips with force. You position yourself so you're straddling him and put one hand on his shoulder while the other runs through his hair. It feels like fireworks exploding in your bedroom. 

Your moment is cut short when you take too fast of a breath and begin to choke on your own spit (I do this so often its not even funny.)

Once you recover you both burst out laughing.

"Well as much as I've enjoyed this evening, I have to go home or else I'll be late for dinner."

"Alright. See you at school tomorrow." 

"Yeah, see you."

He closes the door and I lay on my bed smiling, just thinking over the past hour.