"Here's A Riddle For You, Riddler: Who's Single? You Are."

This OneShot goes along with the Preferences titled: Jealousy and PDA.

You are spending the day at Edward's while Jonathan's off on a job. Edward has a nice hideout, at least the front part of it is. You know in the back, and in the basement, is where the real.... challenges... are. The apartment style of the ground floor is comfortable though.

You're lounging on the couch reading one of the many books kept in Edward's living room when he enters and sits beside you.

"Want some tea, (Y/N)?" Edward offers you a cup.

"Huh? Oh, sure. Thanks Ed." You set down the book and take the cup from him before taking a small sip. "Camomile?"

"Yes," Edward smiles. "Did you know only two types are officially made for herbal tea? The German Camomile and the Roman Camomile."

"I did not." You pick up your book and continue reading. You're aware of how close he's sitting next to you, but the implications don't register.

"Riddle me this, (Y/N)," Edward scoots closer to you. "I never was, am always to be, no one ever saw me nor ever will, and yet I'm the confidence of all to live and breathe on this terrestrial ball."

"Tomorrow," you say, turning a page before glancing up at him. 'Woah, he's close to me...' you think. "What about it?"

"I was wondering what you're doing tomorrow," Edward says.

"Why?"

"Well, I wanted to—"

You eyes widen as Jonathan slips up behind Edward with a scowl on his face.

"Here's a riddle for you, Riddler," Jonathan growls, "Who's single? You are. Now get away from my girlfriend."

Edward lets out a cry of alarm and nearly jumps out of his skin before getting up and scuttling away.

"W-When did you get back, Jonathan?"

"A while ago," Jonathan says carelessly, sitting next to you. "Long enough to see you try to make a move on (Y/N). Rest assured I won't be leaving her alone with you ever again."

"B-but... she's one of the smartest people I know!" Edward pouts.

"And she's mine," Jonathan says again, putting an arm around your shoulders and pulling you close. "Aren't you?"

"Sorry Ed." You give him an apologetic look. "I'm already with Jonathan."

"Mmmm.... that's what I like to hear..." Jonathan nuzzles your neck, kissing it.

You squirm slightly, not particularly liking where this is heading. Jonathan is jealous of Edward, and that means two things, 1) Jonathan is going to get possessive, and 2) that possessiveness is going lead to heavy PDA on his part. He needs to show Edward that you are his, even if the other man already knows it.

"Jonathan..." you mutter, trying to push him away. He catches your hand and pulls you in for a kiss. You sigh, and just let him do it, silently apologizing to Edward for Jonathan's actions.

"What?" Jonathan pulls away from you. "Is there a problem?"

"Well... we are intruding on Edward..."

"He said you could stay here while I was away, and I come back to him hitting on you, I think that deserves some sort of punishment, don't you?"

"I-I..."

"Hush." He kisses you again, running his tongue against your lips, seeking entrance. Having no other choice (well, you did but the outcome wasn't desirable) you let him enter, mortified as a small moan slips out.

Edward's blushing and attempts to sneak out of the room.

"No so fast." Jonathan turns from you and glares at Edward. "You're staying here."

"Jonathan," you plead. "He didn't mean it, come on, just... drop it, ok?"

"You're mine Liebling, mine. Not his. Not anyone else's."

"You don't need to rub it in," Edward rolls his eyes and raises his hands in surrender. "I won't do it again, I swear."

"And what use are the words of someone like you?" Jonathan asks.

Pain flickers across Edward's face, "You know I can't tell a lie as much as I want to."

"That's true, but there's a first for everything."

"Jonathan, just... stop. Please?" You give him an imploring look.

"Mmmm.... Fine. But he's not leaving until I'm done."

"Done with wha— Nn!"

He kisses you again, giving tongue as he pushes you onto the couch. Poor Edward's forced to be there and covers his eyes so he doesn't have to see.

You know Jonathan won't take it that far. He never does, but right now, the only thing he's thinking about is you, and how Edward had been flirting in his own awkward way. For him to have the gall to ask you out makes Jonathan very, very angry. Of course, the only way for him to punish Edward for his actions, but also see to you, is this.

He trials his lips across your jaw and up behind your ear, biting it. You tremble slightly, attempting to not do that very thing. His lips curl into a grin as he continues kissing you.

Edward's trying very hard to become invisible, though he knows it's scientifically and logically impossible. A guys could wish though, couldn't he? Anyone, unless they are as sick as Jonathan, would want to disappear when subjected to this.

You put a stop to Jonathan's antics when he starts running his hands over your body. Kissing, you can handle, but you have just enough dignity to put your foot down with him fondling you. Pushing him off you, you sit up and glare at him.

"Not cool dude, not cool."

"I thought you liked it though?" Jonathan tilts his head and gives you a sly smile.

You take a deep breath and let it out slowly, "Normally, yes," you admit, "but not right now. Not here, and definitely not in front of Edward."

Jonathan lets out a growl.

"Don't growl at me," you swat at him. "You're a human being, not an animal."

"I can be. An animal." Jonathan's smirking now and you blush.

"I'm going to leave if you're going to act this way," Edward says in a bored voice. "It's my house and I can do what I want within it. The least you could do is ask if you need a room."

"Can we have a room?" Jonathan asks, sarcastically.

"No. Get out of my house."

"Why offer if you're not gonna—"

"Come on...." you kiss him lightly. "Lets get out of here..."

"Mmm..." he nuzzles you again. "Fine, but I don't want to hear another man's name pass your lips for the rest of the week. The only name you'll be saying is mine and mine alone. You got that?"

"Yes, Jonathan," you roll your eyes. You love and hate his attitude when he gets jealous like this. At least it was with Edward, not some poor chap who wasn't aware of the rules at the Iceberg Lounge...