Chapter 11

Chapter 11

Mason Miller

"Looks like Ezra was right. Those bastards still haven't changed their base. Stupidos." I whispered to the small earpiece. Ezra and Liam were still inside the car waiting for my signal.

In front of the abandoned building were two armed man, chatting in Italian about their last visit to the pub. I sat on the tree branch, watching. There's no doubt about it, they're the ones who have Jace. From here, I could see their tattoos, a fierce looking black eagle, right beside it was a number. The man on the right was number 203 and the other was 148. This number usually signifies that they were the 203rd and 148th person to join the gang. Means they were quite experienced. Currently, Aquile Neres has over 400 members in all of the country.

"Well, we're going in. Mace stay outside on the lookout." Ezra said.

"Hey! No fair! This wasn't according to plan! Why are you two the only ones to do the fighting. I want to be in the action too!" I whispered angrily, if that was possible, over the mouthpiece. I want to be in the rescue force too!

"No, you have to be there to inform us if ever they try to escape or they call for help." Ezra said again ever so heartlessly. I could hear the guns being loaded in the back. "Ready, Liam?" Ezra asked.

"Fine. I'll stay put. I always do this job. Why don't you—"

"Quit yapping will you or they notice you." Ezra said again. Damn, he's really trying to piss me off is he. How come they get to do all the action, well whatever. At least I won't have to worry about my beautiful face getting hurt.

"Let's go, Ezra." I heard Liam said from the back, and judging from his voice, man. Poor eagles.

Liam rarely goes serious when dealing with small gangs like Aquile Neres. And whenever he does get serious, he makes sure to bring them down to ashes. Literally.

A few moments later, I saw the car door opening and Liam got down first. Ezra followed quietly. The two thugs in the front were still chatting happily when Liam ghostly appeared behind them and did the honour of putting them to sleep in this ungodly hour. I mean he did his super fast hand chop and the two immediately fell to the ground.

Ezra merely followed behind him and before continuing, Liam turned around and looked directly at me. For a moment I was stunned that he was able to find me so quickly, but then again, it's Liam we're talking about. He pressed his two fingers on to the earpiece and spoke.

"You can come here and guard the front Mace." he said, sounding like he was giving me an order which annoyed me even more. These two always tell me what to do. Am I their servant? They should be thankful that I'm kind enough to do what they tell me to. Tch.

I jumped down from the tree and ran discretely to the front of the building, making sure that no one saw me.

"You two selfish jerks. You better make sure you get the kid." I said quite annoyed and saw Liam sneak a small amused smile.

"You don't have to tell us that, Macey." he said as he turned away and headed to the building. My blood boiled once more.

"I told you, don't call me that!" I threw back, but they were already inside.

Ezra Walker 

Liam's smirk disappeared as we entered the building. His eyes had a dangerous glint which I've only seen once.