Potions & Realisations.

A/N: Hey guys! This follows the Pride @ Hogwarts storyline! Dedicated to HPLesFanfic. This one's for you! And, in honour of this dedication, I'd like to take the time to donate a pink armchair to you. EMBRACE THE PETUNIA STYLE. Edit: When you thought you were gonna update sooner, even when you hadn't written anything yet, and was like, this comment will be relevant when I post. 😂😂 Well, here's a chair anyway.

The group walked to Potions, their first class of the day

The group walked to Potions, their first class of the day. Ron was still shocked over Hermione and wouldn't stop mumbling. He sped up and turned around in front of the group, consisting of Harry, Draco and Blaise, walking backwards. "Did you know?" He asked Harry. Well. More like demanded. Harry bit his lip and nodded. "Yeah. She told me a while ago." Ron stared at him, confuzzled. "You knew and didn't tell me?!" He said, his voice rising several octaves. Harry rolled his eyes. He was starting to get annoyed with him. It wasn't even a big deal! She's gay, so what? "It wasn't for me to tell. And it's not that big a deal Ron!" He said, a hint of an edge to his tone. Ron looked sheepish and joined his side again. "I know, it's just a shock. I mean, we used to go out mate. " Harry blinked. He had forgotten about that.

They walked into the sombre dungeon. Slughorn wasn't there yet but Dean, Seamus, Hermione and Pansy were. Neville was taking extra Herbology classes instead of Potions, so they were one less Gryffindor. The two girls sat together while Dean and Seamus sat beside each other at the back. Harry began to walk to his usual seat next to Ron but a small tug on his sleeve stopped him in his tracks. He turned around to see Draco eyeing the shelves of potion ingredients. "You can sit next to me if you want. " Harry stared at him, a disbelieving smile spreading across his features. This is more progress!! A hint of an embarrassed blush tinged Draco's cheeks. "If you want me to help you with Potions, it would be easier." Harry's joy dampened a bit but he still smiled. It's still progress. He sat in the spare chair at Draco's usual desk, leaving Ron and Blaise sitting together.

As Slughorn walked in, Ron sent him a surprised mini glare. Harry shrugged and sent a small apologetic smile. Not too apologetic though. Don't want Draco thinking he doesn't want to sit beside him. Slughorn beamed at the small class. "Happy Pride!" He cried jovially. "In honour of this occasion I was thinking we would revisit Amortentia, the infamous love potion." He held up a hand as if his silent class were erupting in angry protest and chuckled. "I know, I know, we've done this before, but a little revision never hurt any one and it'll make for a nice free class. We'll be working in pairs today, so it will be extra fun!" He winked at his unresponsive class. "Turn to page 57 in your books and start! The pair with the best potion will win some Honeydukes chocolate!"

Enticed by the offer of food, the class got to work. Harry beamed at Draco and flipped his book open, staring at the recipe with the utmost concentration. Draco stared at him, a ghost of a smile on his lips. "Come on! Hurry up!" Harry whined. Draco shook his head and began to chop some Shrivelfig. "You really want that chocolate huh?" He teased. Harry just rolled his eyes at him in a duh motion. "Duh. It's chocolate." He said reverently. Draco rolled his eyes at him. They worked mostly together, Draco wincing at Harry's attempts to help. "Weasley really wasn't joking when he said you were horrible at this." He muttered when Harry tried to chop up some plants. Key word being tried. They were nearing the end of the class and so far, Dean had caused two explosions, Blaise and Ron had only argued once. Hermione and Pansy's potion looked to be the same, if not better, than theirs. Obviously, Draco had done most of the work.

Harry stirred the potion lazily. The lack of sleep was beginning to catch up to him and he stared into the distance. Draco shook his head at him, almost fondly. His nose crinkled in a mockery of disgust. "You couldn't have lessened the cologne today Potter?" He teased. Harry couldn't remember putting on cologne that morning but shrugged it off. He rolled his eyes at Draco. "You couldn't have eased up on the hair gel?" He bit back gently. Draco frowned at him. "I didn't  use hair gel today." He said slowly. Harry stood up a bit more. "I didn't use cologne today." He realized. The two glanced at the finished potion and then back at each other, eyes wide. "Oh Merlin." Draco breathed.

A/N: Kinda short but meh, I'm tireeeeed. * hugs pillow cause she's half asleep writing this.* Seriously, the amount of spelling mistakes I made is so hilarious it's not funny. At least this is finally written! Hope you enjoyed. Byeeee * wave *