Chapter VII - Running

"Stop running!" One guard yelled.

"We out number you so your attempts at running away are futile!" Another yelled.

"Just surrender now! It'll make things easier for the both of us. You'll get caught sooner or later and we don't want to use force but if you make us we won't hold back!" The first guard shouted.

Both Bakugou and (y/n) started reaching for their weapons. "Bet you wish you had your dragon right now huh?" (Y/n) turned her head to Bakugou and spoke.

"Fry these bitches asses in no time," Bakugou said, agreeing.

(a/n: there is now going to be a little warning in here for things like blood, violence, and maybe gore. So if you can't handle these topics then I'm sorry but it's probably not in your best interest to continue. I'll put another authors note in when these themes are over tho!)

(Y/n) and Bakugou continued running for a few seconds before some guards jumped out from hiding in some shrubs and caught Bakugou.

"Damnit!" (Y/n) loudly cursed as she was forced to keep running, not before stopping briefly to shoot an arrow into one of the guard's head. That bought Bakugou enough time to unsheathe his Cutlass and cut the other guard's throat. The guard immediately dropped his sword and his hands flew to his neck that was now spewing out blood. Gurgling and choking sounds could be heard from the guard as he dropped to his knees and then dropped dead.

(a/n: I'll be telling the story following both Bakugou and (y/n) since they got separated. Just so you guys don't miss any action!)

Following Bakugou:
After receiving help from (y/n) and attacking the other guard, Bakugou had five guards on his trail. After deciding that attempting a five-on-one fight wasn't smart, he kept on running in hopes that an opportunity to confuse some guards and take them out slowly so he has less guards to fight against would present itself soon.

After running for a couple more seconds, he rounded a corner and hid behind the wall. It allowed him to stop and catch his breath for a few seconds before he heard their heavy footsteps becoming louder.

He got out the small knife that (y/n) had lent him for skinning animals.

"Sorry (y/n)," he thought to himself, "I hope you don't get angry at me for using your knife like this,"

Just as he finished his thought, the guards rounded the corner. Bakugou let three pass before revealing himself from behind the wall. He immediately threw the knife right in-between one guard's eyebrows and stabbed the other in his gut, twisting and turning his Cutlass before pulling it out and looking around him. Noticing that to his right looked like a small forest, he took off running in that direction. He hoped the trees could help him run off and hide, giving him another opportunity to surprise attack.

Thanks to Bakugou's excellent stamina, he looked behind him briefly and noticed they were beginning to pant heavily.

Smirking as he turned his head back to facing forwards, he saw a fork in the worn path he was on. He looked at the right path and then the left path before noticing some dense looking shrubbery straight ahead, not following a particular path.

Running into the shrubs and crouching down low, he tried his best to slow his breathing that has started to pick up a little.

Once the guards that were chasing him came to the fork, they stopped and put their hands on their knees. There was no doubt they were definitely reaching their limit now.

Noticing they stopped and had momentarily let their guard down, Bakugou decided he would get no better opportunity to strike. He emerged from the shrubs and quickly lodged his Cutlass into one guard's throat. The other two guards noticed Bakugou and they got into their battle stances. Despite it being blatantly obvious how tired they were, they knew they wouldn't be considered true warriors if they didn't try their hardest in every battle they engaged in. Even if there was a possibility of death, they knew that dying in battle was considered an honorable death, so they didn't back down.