Chapter Fifty-Nine

James waited for Adelmo's word that he was allowed to head over to the Abate household to apologise in person, however, it seemed the answer was not going to be immediate

James waited for Adelmo's word that he was allowed to head over to the Abate household to apologise in person, however, it seemed the answer was not going to be immediate. He had to assume that maybe Adelmo changed his mind and even with the promise of attending therapy wasn't enough to convince him that James should be allowed anywhere near Renata. Maybe Adelmo was waiting to see if James was actually going to go through with it and commit. If that were the case, James was going to prove it to him, but he wasn't going to attend the therapy just because of that either. He knew very well that he needed it, he needed to talk to someone that was going to help him sort through all the thoughts that had been plaguing him for too long.

Renata had tried but in a way, James couldn't confide everything in her, because not only had she been taking on so many responsibilities in the home, some of his thoughts revolved around her and he needed to address them without her around. He needed to understand what he was feeling and he hoped he could come to terms with everything during his sessions or at least, work to be better.

Harry was to be left in Sirius' care and while Remus had returned back to the colony, he was only an owl way as he fully supported James entering therapy. It was good to know that his brothers were going to stand by him and be there for him no matter what. They had placed their differences aside from the war and James felt his family coming together again, but in order to complete that, he knew he needed Renata back. He couldn't bring himself to be upset with Adelmo for keeping Renata away from him either, that was his sister, after all, and he had been a witness to the situation. And just like how Sirius and Remus were always willing to protect James, Adelmo was always willing to protect her.

When they arrived at St Mungo's, Sirius continued to hold Harry in his arms, both of them coming with James as he appeared rather nervous that morning about attending. He knew it was the job of the therapist to help him, but at the same time, he was still fearful about facing judgement over his situation. Sirius reassured him that he wasn't going to find himself facing any sort of judgement and that he would be fine. And to reassure him further, Harry leaned over and placed a kiss on his father's cheek, to offer his own wishes of good luck.

A few minutes before he was to enter the Janus Thickey Ward to greet Dr Eithne Mullins, James turned around to face Sirius and Harry, while glancing around the corridor.

"I'm surprised we haven't seen Adelmo around today," James said, attempting to make small talk in order to soothe his own nerves, " shouldn't he have been working today?"

Sirius looked around as well as Harry was occupied with the window before him, making silly faces at his reflection.

"That's what I thought," he said quietly, " I guess I'll look around, perhaps he left his shift early or switched with another Healer. They tend to do that here more often than not."

Truth be told, Sirius had allotted some time for Adelmo to make it home, convince Renata to come back, and then have both of them return, but it had been days and there hadn't been a word from either one of them. It left him nervous because even if Renata refused to come home, Sirius would have assumed that Adelmo would have sent an owl, claiming that things were not running smoothly and he would be gone for a longer length of time.