Blood Lust

I was perched up in the window in my room reading when I heard the door slam closed downstairs. "What was that?" Blue questioned, looking up from his place on the bed. I put my book down, "I don't know," as I slid off the windowsill. Blue pushed himself off his belly, "Wait for me," Blue called as I walked in the hallway. It didn't take long for Blue to catch up with me at the top of the stairs, I could hear Dean, "Finally finished her up," he was saying. "Good, 'cause I got a case for ya'," Bobby informed as Blue and I crept down the stairs, just far enough so we wouldn't be seen. "What'd you find?" Dean asked, rubbing his face with the bottom of his shirt. He was covered in sweat, "A girl in Montana was found decapitated in the middle of the woods," Bobby informed, well that was gruesome... Blue seemed to agree. "It's worth looking into," Sam agreed, a little grim-faced. Dean nodded, "C'mon Sammy, let's go pack our bags." Sam and Dean started heading to the stairs, so Blue and I took off back up the stairs. "Wait, boys," their steps stopped. "Yeah Bobby?" Blue kept going, but I stopped and crept back to the staircase. Blue took notice a few seconds after. "What about Christina?" Dean asked, Blue and I crept back down the stairs. "I don't think you should keep taking her on cases," Bobby told them. There was another moment of silence, "What do you mean?" Dean questioned, his tone a little wary. "I mean, look at all the times she's gotten hurt being near a job. I think she should stay here and get a chance to be a kid, go to school while that demon's still out there," Bobby went on. Sam and Dean wouldn't leave me, I knew for sure Dean would never leave me. There was a sigh, "He's right Dean," Sam said quietly. Dean gave a heavy sigh, "I know," my stomach felt like I swallowed a stone. Blue put a hand on my shoulder, "They don't want you to get hurt again and neither do I," he reasoned. "I'll go talk to her and then pack up," Dean said, mostly to himself. He and Sam both stood there for a moment before turning around, that time Blue and I both hauled it back to my room.

Blue flopped onto my bed as I crawled back onto the windowsill and picked my book back up. Dean knocked on the door just as I got comfortable, "Hey Chris, I need to talk to you for a sec." I debated on saying anything for a moment, "About what?" The door opened, Dean was still covered in sweat. "Bobby found Sam and I a case," I duly noted how he didn't say 'us'. "You aren't taking me are you?" My voice was quiet as Blue rubbed my back. Dean gave a sigh, "Sam and I think you should stay here for a while, with Bobby. Maybe go to school so you can be as smart as me one day," Dean joked lightly with a grin. His grin fell a little when I didn't laugh. He sighed and crouched in front of me, "I know you want to stay with me, and I get that, but it's not safe anymore. You saw that demon, and I don't think any of us could handle losing you." Dean sighed again when I sniffled, "C'mere." I all but leapt off the windowsill and into Dean's arms. "Promise you won't leave me?" Dean got up and sat on the edge of the bed, "I'll call everyday okay? Sam and I'll come back when the case is over until we can find a new one. How's that sound?" Dean told me, I mulled over that for a second before nodding my head. "Yeah? You gonna be good for Bobby?" Dean questioned, I nodded again. Dean reached to the side and grabbed Sylvester, handing him to me, "We'll be back before you know it, there's also a school like five minutes away so you can go be a little nerd," Dean elbowed me a little with a grin on his face. I rolled my eyes at him, "How long am I going to stay here then?" I questioned, school was a long term thing, even if it was late November. "Sammy and I think Bobby's house is probably gonna turn into our home base," Dean admitted before adding, "I'm gonna grab the rest of your stuff before we head out, 'kay?" I nodded begrudgingly, staring at the floor as Dean got up. He ruffled my hair, "I'm gonna go pack my stuff, and when Sammy and I get back from this hunt we're gonna go get some pie at that dinner," Dean told me before he left the room. I heard he and Sam whispering back and forth as they went down the hall. I felt Blue hug me from behind when they were no longer within earshot.

They left not even forty-five minutes later. Bobby, Blue, and I stood on the porch to watch them leave. Dean seemed to be excited to be back in the car though, I distantly wondered what happened to Dad's truck. Both Bobby and Blue had rubbed my back as the car disappeared out of the lot. "Why don't we get a snack?" Bobby suggested, guiding me inside. Bobby fixed me a bowl of cereal and set it on the table, Blue was rubbing my back as I ate it. "I think Dean talked to you about this earlier," Bobby started as he sat at the table with his own bowl. I stared at him with the spoon in my mouth. "There's an elementary school in town you can go to. Sam and Dean said they wanted you to go," he clarified after a moment. "Oh," was all I had to say, Blue was excited though. "School! You can go to school like you wanted," he enthused, still rubbing my back. "You don't have to go, but if you do you have'ta tell me. We have'ta head down to the school so you can take some tests." Bobby informed as he ate a spoonful of his cereal. "Tests?" I questioned, furrowing my eyebrows. I'd never taken an actual test before... "To see what grade to put you in," Bobby clarified after seeing my face. "Okay..." it couldn't be that hard, right?

The next day, Bobby had taken Blue and I to the school. Blue came with me because I'd told him I was nervous, "You'll do great," he assured me as we walked into the testing room, there were a couple other kids there. Blue leaned against the back of my chair as a woman passed out paper booklets and told us that we could do our work on them, but we couldn't work on the paper with bubbles. After she'd passed them out she'd told us the rules, no cheating, not to go onto the next section without her, etc. It wasn't long after she told us to begin. Blue kept whispering words of encouragement whenever I got stuck on a problem, which admittedly wasn't often. The problems seemed easy enough. It was all easy enough... I started to question if I'd gotten the wrong test. I was finished with each section before all of the other kids were. Bobby was in the sitting area looking over an old book when she let us go. "How do you think you did?" Bobby questioned as he closed the book. I shrugged and held his hand as we walked outside, "It was easy," I told him as I climbed into his truck. "Easy enough to go out and celebrate?" Bobby asked, giving me a sly look. "Pie?" I asked, giving him the same look. Blue fist pumped in the back, "I love pie!"

We got my results a few days later, Dean called every night to check on me. He'd said that there was another hunter there named Gordon and that he hated vampires. "Chris! Your results just came in," Bobby called from downstairs. That was all it took for Blue and I to race downstairs to the kitchen. We got there as Bobby was opening the envelope with a pocket knife. "You excited?" Bobby asked with a grin on his face as he pulled the papers out of the envelope. I nodded my head as he opened it and started to read. Blue and I stood there anxiously waiting as Bobby read the entire packet before he announced, "You passed," he told me, Blue let out a pleased screech in my ear as he jumped up and down. I looked up at Bobby with a pleased look, he looked back at the paper, "They think that you could go straight to second grade, but it's advised that you join first grade for the remainder of the school year," he revised before glancing at the phone. Well it was only January... "You could start next week," Bobby offered. I nodded, that would give us enough time to get everything right? I hoped that Sam and Dean would be back before then.

They got back on that Saturday. Dean has decided that he, Sam, and I would all go to the dinner to get celebratory pie the day before school started. Dean and I got apple while Sam got cherry. Both Sam and Dean decided to drop me off at school though, I had my galaxy backpack hanging off of one shoulder as I slid out of the car. Blue stayed home because he said he didn't want to distract me from being a 'smarty pants'. "Have a good first day kiddo!" Dean called, I gave he and Sam a wave before heading inside the building.